50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Atticus, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

Ehh? When did I say *I* was *owed* anything?

I simply think it's silly to celebrate the anniversary of something and then celebrate something else and insulting to the people behind the eras being ignored (if it is, in fact, a "mostly" New Who celebration).

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Totally agree! :)

Mr Awe

3. Mr Awe

No, it's the 50th anniversary, not eighth!

Mr Awe

4. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    I know, why don't we complain about all the things they left out of the Anniversary Special before we even see what is in the Anniversary Special.....

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No for the following reasons:
    *Ok, even if the excuse is good enough, do you really want Collin Baker back wearing that awful coat as an 80 or something year old man? A portly figure dressed as a clown? Sure.
    *Really, with old icons like Baker, Id sooner remember them the way they were in their prime.
    *If we brought all of them back, there would be too many for the story to handle. Two or three doctors is about as far as they can really go, I thought the five doctors which really just had four doctors was over crowded, where as the three doctors (which really just had two with cameos from a third) and the two doctors worked better because there was room for them in the script. Now with a Smith and Tennant team up, there are two great doctors who can both have a big slice of the action. With about 8 or so doctors, there is barley any room for either of them. Now for me I'm more than satisfied with two doctors in this, although I have a craving to see Paul McGann again, and we might as well fill in the gap with Eccleston, plus we'd have a title-the four doctors, but at the end of the day, I think we'd have a better story with just two or maybe three doctors. Maybe even four. But four is the giddy limit. Although McCoy could pull off the role as he's not aged too much since 96. Maybe if Eccleston isn't p for the role we can have McCoy instead.
    *At the end of the day, I don't really want to see some of these doctors again, not in the current state they're in. Baker has gone grey and chubbier, so unless he went on a major diet and wore a wig, he'd be unsuitable for the role, Davidson's gone a little to grey and bald, plus obvious signs of aging and wrinkles, so compared to his young face and thick blond hair, he's not unrecognisable, but I'd say unsuitable, plus he's already returned in Time Crash, and the aging excuse for me should only really be used once. Collin, I've stated my reasons above, but with McCoy-Smith, I'm fine with any of them returning. Besides, the role can be physically demanding. Can yo really imagine Collin Baker running away from a Zygon now?
    Then why are they using the Zygons? If there was no respect for it, we'd probably get a re-match with the silence or weeping angels.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  6. Green Lantern

Thank you! Besides, we don't even know what they've left out yet, for all we know others could be returning. And let's remember what they have put in. ;)

7. Mr Awe

So, basically because the actors look older, you'd dump them? Wow, what a caring fellow you must be. My god, they have wrinkles and grey hair! We don't want to see that! Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Just wait until you get older, maybe someone will stick you in a closet so they don't have to look at you?

These are the actors that helped make the show what it is today.

And, they can be included wisely. Obviously if you jam the story with too many it could be bad. But, I trust Moffatt and figure he'll work some of them in in such away that works for the story.

Mr Awe

8. Mr Awe

I'm not sure who you're referring to. But, personally, I'm just hoping that the classics Doctors are at least represented.

Mr Awe

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Well, that is what Al Gore invented The Interwebz! for, issn't it ;)

10. Green Lantern

I think it would compromise the quality of the story. Yes it would be nice to get all the doctor back together, but the quality of the story would be poor and as I said, it would be overcrowded.

Oh for goodness sake, you're making me sound like a mean bastard (ok I am a mean bastard, but... :P). I'm not saying that because they're old they should have nothing to do with doctor who ever again, I'm saying that they shouldn't all appear in the 5th anniversary episode, but they can do more to celebrate doctor who's 50th then appear in the episode. Interviews, comicons or whatever, sketch shows, competitions, appearing on themed quiz shows, bla bla bla.

Yes I know they are, and I'm thankful to them. If I met Collin Baker for example, I wouldn't put a bag over his head, through him in a van, shout "ok, old guy gone, continue as normal", and drive off, I'd probably go up to him, say hi, and maybe have a conversation. Really I'm not saying that all the old actors are worthless, I'm saying their time on the show is over.

Well I can't rally conceive of a way. Wait, you trust Moffatt? Dear god, god save you.

11. Sindatur

I do agree, having them all in a single special that's 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours long would be too crowded. However, if they were to do a few in the Anniv special, and then carry that story over to the Christmas Special there ould be room storywise. Or.... it could have been planned to have a Series long arc, with a single previous Doctor per episode, change the Doctor each episode, or rather than continuing in the Christmas Special start it with the episode or two before the Anniv Special and conclude the storyline in the Anniv Special and that would give you two or three episodes to spread hem all out in, etc.

Thee's any number of ways they could have done it, and doing 1 extra Doctor an episode is less risk because you wouldn't be throwing 5 or 6 or however many previous Doctors at the audience at once, that most are completely unfamiliar to the bulk of the audience.

12. Green Lantern

That could work, but Really, Matt Smith will most likely be leaving very soon, I'd rather for his last one or two episodes have him with no other doctors. I love doctor team ups, but I wouldn't want to have an episode where we get nostalgia from old doctors, and at the end of it go zooming into a new doctor. Plus I think people would get fed up with it after the first few episodes. Na, I just want Smith and Tennant with McGann and maybe Eccleston at the end of the day.

13. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not so much, no. As I said, the actors that made the show what it is today are being included, save the one who didn't agree to appear. The previous incarnation of Who has very little to do with this one.

14. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Except we're talking about characters that we know what they looked like when they "died" and they don't look like that now.

15. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Time differential.

16. Green Lantern

Exactly, that's why I don't want the bakers or Davidson back.

17. Sindatur

I honestly don't see the problem at all with Davison (Note the lack of a second "D"), he was completely recognizable in Time Crash his hair's a bit thinner and he's a bit heavier, no big deal. The Bakers, yea, they've changed quite a bit, but, give them wigs (no, not, big curly haired blonde and bunette wigs, just grey, with close cropped curly hair would be fine. Wouldn't want to make clowns ot of them) and give them their costumes (Colin could wear the solid blue coat, no need to give him the Technicolor coat) and they would totally be recognizable

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt Baker would be going off what he looked like the lst time I saw him on the telly - it would be a sad sight like when they trot out the Star Trek actors in their old uniforms.

19. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

EXCEPT.... that would have to include 11 and 10 together, so 10 would look "older", but from the photos from on-set, he's not in any aged make-up.

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Anti Gravity bike returns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]