The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PianoWizzy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

maybe ive not seen enough, as im watcing on UK channel E4, but couldnt Penny have just appeared via Sheldons robot? the robot doing all the walking for her.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

For what reason wouold Penny do that? She doesn't have a broken leg, the actress does.

3. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I love when they make Star Trek references. I haven't been this happy about a Star Trek reference in the show since Sheldon mentioned "The Star Trek: The Original Series/Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Trouble with Tribbles Crossover Episode" twice in one episode. Sheldon quoting "Star Trek: First Contact" for dramatic effect and Leonard taking a shot at "Star Trek: Nemesis" elated me. :adore:

4. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah that was probably my biggest :lol: moment of the night.

5. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I believe that is why a TV has writers, to get around little problems like this, after all Sheldon had not broken his leg, and he used it.

6. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I remember someone here on the TrekBBS saying that Christopher was basically like Sheldon.

I hadn't seen any of the show at that time, but have since I must say that poster here was correct.

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know why they didn't just incorporate the broken leg into the show. She's been sitting down or behind the bar since she's been back.

8. Nerys Myk

Even if they wrote the broken leg into the show,why would Penny use the robot? Why would Sheldon even let her near the controls?

9. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yeah. It would seem way out of character. For both of them.

10. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Same here.We're such geeks :rofl:

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Best episode of the season, I loved it especially the Indy Jones gag at the end :guffaw:

12. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Ya, you gotta wonder how much they had to shell out for the Indy theme song.

Sheldon's da-da-da-da-h to Wheaton had me in stiches :lol:

"Where's a plantoon boat when you need one?" :guffaw:

13. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

^ Or a pontoon boat!

14. Nerys Myk

The line for Indy brought back a few memories. My friends and I were often in such lines in the late 70s and early 80s. We were strong advocates of getting there early. ( sometimes the night before) and our girlfriends didn't always get why. Had to hurry them along at more than one dinner. ;)

My sister was the one who turned me on to the show after saying the characters reminded her of me and my friends. If only I was half as smart as the Big Bang Theory characters. :p

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

ok so lets try and be creative rather than stack up problems

Lets say that Penny has to leave down, to look after her parents or something, but misses the gang, so she talks Sheldon into setting it up so that she can operate the robot from where she is, that way she does not miss out on hanging out with the gang.

another idea, Penny is for some reason confinded to her apartment, and uses the robot to communcaite with the outside world.

As for why Sheldon would allow it, well it can be pitched as an experiment, of some kind.

16. Nerys Myk

As Professor Zoom pointed out, it would run counter to what we know of Penny and Sheldon's characters. Penny can barely drive a car safely, so I doubt Sheldon would trust her with his robot. And Sheldon is not known for sharing or playing well with others.

Since the actress wasn't in the episodes filmed at the time of/after the accident, I think its safe to assume she wasn't avaiable for filming of any kind.

17. Professor Zoom

Yeah. It would make more sense, if, for example, she couldn't leave her apartment, for the gang to just come across the hall and "invade" her place. That would be more inline with the characters and still create a comedic conflict.

I feel like Penny would roll her eyes if offered the robot.

18. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

ok one final attempt before I give up completey

Lenord has a recurring dream, where Pennny is in Sheldons robot.

19. Nerys Myk

Again, the actress would have to be available and able to film such scenes. And the scripts would have to be reworked to include it.

20. Professor Zoom

Even if the actress would have been available, most of the dreams don't last long on the show. So, reoccurring lengthy dreams would be an odd fit for the show.

Also, I feel like you're fixing a problem that wasn't really a big problem. It's not like they had to hide her pregnancy.