The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing eventually we will get more figures in this line. The Spock and Kirk figures seem to have been a test bed as well. I kind of expect Riker next.

2. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Cool. I want. I had hoped they would, now that I have the Spock and the Kirk+Khan.

Unrelated, but since I also see it linked on that website: I preordered the TOS sciences and engineering dog collars, and they said they'd be released in November, but they haven't been yet, and it's making me sad. These are supposed to be my dog's xmas gifts.

Still working on my spock collection, I got the TNG figure and the "city on the edge of forever" figure.
    [​IMG]
    I like the 9" (or is it 8"?) figures because of the detail and nicer accessories. The COTEOF one has a pretty decent communicator, phaser, and tricorder.

Also shown: the Garak figure my dog partially ate. =\

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wish there was a 4 inch version of Banner. Hot Toys are out of my reach.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That'd be awesome.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Oh hey! I have that Garak....somewhere. I have an Odo and a Trials and Tribbleations Sisko, as well from that line.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I wasn't into collecting the Playmates Trek figures back in the '90s so I missed a lot of the characters when the lines were still issuing new waves and new figures. One of the last Trek figures I ever saw at mass retail before they were pulled from the pegs was the "Tribbles" Koloth, which I now wish I'd picked up because I had never seen him before that day and haven't seen him since except for online.

7. nureintier

I think the reason I had so few Trek figures in the 90s was because the stores around here had no selection, really. But they had stupid amounts of Star Wars stuff, so I had a lot of that. So I just started collecting the Playmates ones recently. I'm expecting "A Piece of the Action' Spock in the mail today. A lot of them can be had for a decent price online, but that one is usually expensive (along with the Kirk), so i'm happy about that. a Koloth would be cool to have, yeah...

Mine's missing a hand and part of his face. I left him on the couch and my dog thought he was a dog toy (any toy with cloth anywhere on it gets eaten). So that's why they are all on high shelves now.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I know that feeling. My Art Asylum T'Pol has some teeth marks from where my dog got a hold of her.

9. cooleddie74

Dealing with 21st and 22nd century humanity has its risks.

10. nureintier

[​IMG]
    "A piece of the action" spock came today, along with the 12" blue uniform spock:
    [​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

Nice! I also like the nostalgic Atari-style gaming console in the background. :) Good little collection you have there!

12. nureintier

Thanks. My real atari (that I had for 30 years) broke, and the dollar store had these ones that come with 70 games on them and have wireless controllers, so I had to buy one. ^_^

Now I'd kind of like to get the 9" spock in the environmental suit, but I think I've bought enough junk recently. I'm also missing the Amok Time and mirror mirror ones (possibly others, too). then I can move on to other characters... I mainly want the environmental suit one, because the others are pretty much the regular costume plus sash or goatee, and i already have some regular uniform spocks.

13. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got a delightful surprise in the mail today- my Katniss Barbie and Peeta Ken arrived early!

[​IMG]

They look good. I ordered Effie, too, but I'm on the fence about ordering Finnick. I can't believe they made one of him, but not Gale.

Oh, this is going to be awkward. Peeta is seeing double!

[​IMG]

14. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I have the Katniss and Peeta Barbies too! I have the Finnick on order from Amazon and I have the Effie coming from EBay. :)

15. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

Sure it was your dog. ;)

16. cooleddie74

:lol:

I know the figure was a dead ringer for 2001-03 Jolene Blalock, but....man....

17. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Awesome!!

18. nureintier

^_^

I was just looking at a TWoK Spock bobblehead online, but I've decided I'm not buying any more Spocks this week. A Twok Spock would be cool to have, though. I think i'll just get the environmental suit one first though (9" figure). I'm not crazy about the 12" blue uniform spock (compared to the others) and the tricorder strap is impossible to straighten out, I think the 9" ones might be cooler.

I also recently got a 9" Data but it was kinda crappy, different company, only articulated at the shoulders and barely at the waist (you can twist him at the waist about a millimeter) and he looks like a zombie. Oh well, i think I paid $3 for him.

19. cooleddie74

Some sales just went into effect at Toys 'R' Us brick-and-mortar stores across the country and I'm assuming similar sales also apply to online ordering.

The Biggs Darklighter X-Wing Fighter in The Vintage Collection packaging: $41.99.

The two new Geonosis Arena Jedi Knight figure four-packs in the "Lava Vader" packaging: $27.99 each.

The new Vintage Collection Republic Gunship: $89.99.

20. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of our bookshelf warmers:
    [​IMG]