An Idea For A Game/Project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guys, I really hate to do this but I'm going to have to pass on this one. I haven't had time to even work on ideas for the next set of panels and that's not going to change for at least the next several days. Just bad timing, unfortunately. I'll try again on the next go-around.

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whoa! Good thing I checked this thread today! I guess that means I'm on the chopping block.

Okay, so what do we have?

• Our lavender skinned beauty is in sickbay unconscious.
    • Her state seems to have halted the shapeshifting of the alien craft.
    • Spock's mindmeld has seemingly backfired with the entity originally "possessing" Kirk now in control of Spock's body.
    • And, Spock seems to have established a mental link with Kirk, a connection Spock deduces may gain them an advantage over the entity.
    • Oh, and Everly, our hapless security guard has thus far avoided typical "red-shirt" doom and is merely sleeping, dreaming of naked and randy, green Orion woman. ;)
    Right, I'll see what I can concoct.

Sincerely,

Bill

3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Love the Don Martin style, Ptrope! :bolian: Always been a fan of his.

Yeah, I agree. I love how the main story thread is still progressing and not drifting away in obscurity. That's something I feared when we started this.

Hm, shite. :( I was really looking forward to your panel.

So that's the "humorous aside" you were talking about earlier? I'd like to see that realized as a panel. ;)

Here's the updated list:

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307
    [12.] ThomastheCat +
    [13.] NCC-1701 +
    [14.] Venardhi +
    [15.] Ptrope +[highlight]
    [16.] Redfern[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [17.] Starscape[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [18.] Ampris[/highlight][highlight]
    [19.] Masao[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [20.] Klondike307[/highlight] +

+ = 2nd panel

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Liked them both, Venardhi and Ptrope! :techman:

M', Don Martin fan from all the way back to 'A San Francisco Trip' (if not even before)

**fladat!**

5. Redfern

Don't worry, gang. I'm not about to announce I can't do it this round.

Quite the opposite. I've completed all but two frames. I'll hopefully finish those two this evening and stitch each the elements together. I may actually have to arrange it as two image files. Even then, I suspect it will violate the new rules for in-line image dimensions. Of course, most of the submissions we've presented have "bent" the new rules one way or another.

Ptrope, are we being exempted due to the special nature of this project?

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Redfern

I hope PhotoBucket doesn't "yank" the second image.

OK, StarScape, you're up.

Sincerely,

Bill

7. c5maier

c5maier Commander Red Shirt

^^ That would really have been a shame!

Thank you, Redfern, for brightening up the lunch break with these juicy ladies.
    P.S. I agree with the dancer not being M'Ress. Much as I like to see her, I prefer her to be professionally in uniform; she also is more "petite" than the dancer.

8. Redfern

Thanks, c5maier! Here's a link to a larger resolution version of the so-called "beauty shot".

:eek: (Caution: Possibly "not safe for work") :eek:

http://forum.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_1529128.jpg

:eek: (Caution: Possibly "not safe for work") :eek:

I changed the color of the Caitian's "wrappings" to a darker leather and reduced the specular "shine" her body had the the strip panels. I don't usually brag upon my own work, but I'm kinda' pleased with the "randy" Cheshire grin she has. I made sure I saved those expression settings.

Sincerely,

Bill

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  9. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

Nice one, Redfern!! :lol:

I was hoping you'd make it easier for me by continuing on from one of the many cliffhangers we've been left with. Ah well, never mind, who wants an easy life anyway? What am I saying... I do!! ;)

Okay, this will probably take me all week to complete... I try and post an progress update at the weekend.

10. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Well, that is different, Redfern! So many things I could say, but I already got into trouble on the poll thread ;). Good to see that Everly is healthy, esp. his imagination ... :vulcan:

11. Redfern

Just to "play it safe", I added "cautions" above and below the hi-res image link. Earlier, Ptrope cleverly coded a "spoiler" button for the second image of my latest submission. Far from being upset, I understand and commend his action. Besides, it makes it more tantilizing and saves on load time.

Sincerely,

Bill

12. Starscape

Things are progressing well with my section... I've just the colouring to do now. So, I should have something for you all by Tuesday. :)

13. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

As we seem to be getting close to the end of the second round, I'd like to toss in my hat for the next one. This story's too interesting and bizarre to let it fade out. Of course, if Vektor finds that he's able to slip in before the next round, I'll gladly slide back and let him in. :techman:

14. Redfern

Heh, heh... Ptrope? Except for you and Starscape, I think I shocked the rest of the gang into silence with my admittedly somewhat racy submission. Either that, or the presidential election last week stole most people's attentions.

Sincerely,

Bill

15. Starscape

That's my latest entry posted.

I think I managed to successfully use Redfern's aside to skipped forward a little with the story. Okay, I'll 'fess up I just want to torment Everly - red shirts aren't supposed to have that much fun. ;)

16. Redfern

Ah, but that's partially why I did that, because the poor redshirts are almost always tormented. I thought it would be fun to "fly in the face of convention" and break the "redshirt curse" at least just once. (Also, when I had the possessed Kirk "zap" Everly, Vector expressed concern, even if he meant it just "tongue in cheek", that the security guard was doomed. Vector has produced such wonderful work for this board, I just couldn't "kill" a character he created.)

I'm reminded of a story Peter David wrote for the first DC Trek title that actually focused upon the death of a security guard. As the story unfolded, we learn more and more about the guard. He starts seemingly as nameless "phaser fodder", but by the end of the story, we learn about his life, his family, his friends, his goals that would never come to pass.

I do have to wonder, did Peter possibly take inspiration from a particular M*A*S*H episode? In that teleplay, a nurse with whom Hawkeye has just, ahem, spent the evening, leaves her tent to have a midnight stroll. Alas, she walks into an unmarked minefield and gets killed. The duty of performing her eulagy falls upon Hawkeye and he realizes he didn't even know her full name. He surveys various camp members to get details about her life, but since she tended to be reclusive (as well as one can in a military base), no one can tell Pierce much about her. Needless to say, Hawkeye is feeling rather sheepish when it comes time for her service.

Oh, when I prepared my first installment, it was my original intention to paraphrase a funny line from "The Princess Bride". Remember the scene when Wesley (aka "The Dread Pirate Roberts") overcomes Fezzig? When the giant collapses, Wesley actually feels sorry for him because his adversary is quite honorable. He leans close to him and says, "Sleep well and dream of large women." I was going to have "Kirk" say something quite similar, wishing that Everly might dream of naked Orion women. I was already overdue with my installment, so I cut it short. When my time drew close once again, I decided I'd expand upon that idea and actually have Everly dream of Orion women. And since I like Caitians, I thought, "Why not toss one in as well?"

Sincerely,

Bill

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll sign up for another aswell. I've been pretty scarce around here lately, but I'm still watching closely when I can.

18. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

If everyone else is on for another round you might as well count me in too. To whoever's next, don't feel shy about moving things towards climax. I'd hate for this to be a perpetual series of confusing twists and surprises with no real resolution. :)

(That's what she said?)

19. Starscape

No sign of Ampris, yet! He/she can't receive PM's so I don't know if he's on the case.

If we don't see anything by Tuesday, I guess we'll have to pass the baton on to Masao.

I might as well update the BIG list while I'm here. ;)

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307
    [12.] ThomastheCat +