Best Season 4 episodes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by HopefulRomantic, Feb 20, 2009.

1. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

What say you? Which episodes of Season 4 were the most memorable for you? Which ones made you laugh, or cheer, or tear up, or ponder (in a good way) long after the show was over? Which would you recommend to others to watch?

I'll start off with my favorite--of the entire series, in fact: "Observer Effect." For me, this episode had it all-- layered, thoughtful writing, beautiful performances by all the actors, dynamic directing, and evocative music. No matter how many times I watch it, I still love it.

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

The Vulcan arc: Great setup for the Vulcan renaissance. Good to see 2nd officer Tucker in The Big Chair and doing a bang up job in his decisions. Really made me wish he had been given more opportunities to demonstrate his capabilities throughout the series.

Observer Effect: I agree that this tearjerker was beautifully written, acted and directed. And this is one of the episodes that gives us the Archer I wish we had all along.

Andorian arc: How could anyone not love More! Shran and a great story setup for the Romulan was that we never got? :klingon:

IaMD 1/2: Totally fun! I was taken completely by (delighted) surprise.

Demons/Terra Prime: Heartbreaking ending (and foreshadowing of the birth of Spock) gives us the true Valentine to the fans and the better nod to the franchise.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

#1. Terra Prime - as much as the ending depresses me, I honestly loved every second of this one. Especially the bittersweet ending :)

#2. Home
    - I already explained my reasons for loving this ep so much in countless other threads.

4. frenchman

frenchman Commander Red Shirt

Home : i liked the part on vulcan. Joanna Cassidy was great as T'Les. good acting between trinneer, blalock and Cassidy.

the Vulcan arc : the vulcans became the vulcans we know (or the genesis of the vulcans we know).

in the mirror darkly 1&2
    : very funny and to see the opposite of the character we know was great. and the emperess Sato, i applause :techman:

demons/terra prime : for exactely the same reasons that jinx enumerated.

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "IaMD, Part 2"

"IaMD, Part 1"

"Home"

6. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

IaMD
    The Vulcan Arc
    Demons/Terra Prime
    Babel One Arc

7. cooleddie74

After "Home" I'd list the Klingon forehead arc, the Vulcan arc and then the Soong/Augment one.

8. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

Vulcan arc. Hands down.

9. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It has been 4 years since I last saw it so I'm very rusty on this subject, but I loved Cold Station 12. It was great how the torture scene ended up torturing Soong as much as Dr Lucas.

10. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

What! I

11. miraclefan

Sorry my cat jumped on the keyboard! As I was saying, I have to choose which episodes were the best? Well then I vote EVERY episode! inclueding DAEDALUS. I know a lot of fans say this was the weakest episode next to TATV, but I enjoyed it, PLUS we get a foreshadowing of things to come when we FINALLY get to see a red shirt ( or RED STRIP as was the case ) get killed by a (sort-of ) energy being. Which we all know will happen to COUNTLESS red shirts in the FUTURE. Oh and TATV was the ONLY real weak spot in the entire season.

12. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

Observer Effect. I loved, loved,loved Archer in this one. My husband who was a casual watcher of ENT said "Now that is like the Trek I remember". The only down side was Hoshi's back story; it seemed almost out of the blue, and a little inconsistent with the twitchy nervous character of season 1.

13. cooleddie74

Anyone else notice the eerie, creepy and VERY subtle background music when the Organians are inside Trip and Hoshi in decon? You have to turn up the volume on your TV to really hear it, but it's very effective and ominous sounding incidental music.

14. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

* Observer Effect - Just excellent
    * Babel One/United/The Aenar - Great arc with the Andorians AND Romulans. w00t!
    * In a Mirror, Darkly - Great fankwank
    * Demons/Terra Prime - The True Finale

15. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

The Vulcan arc
    Demons/Terra Prime
    IaMD 1 and 2
    Observer Effect
    Home

16. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Home and a tie between parts of the Vulcan and Andorian arcs. Bound, Observer Effect. Demons/Terra Prime.

17. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For me, Home, Cold Station 12 and the Terra Prime arc was season 4 at its very best.

The torture scene in Cold Station 12 is one of the most chilling in most of modern Trek I think.

18. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That torture scene in Cold Station 12 is chilling and very disturbing. The Augments were ruthles and coldblooded when it came to trying start a war with the Klingons and Starfleet.

19. miraclefan

I to have to say, that the Augment arc WAS trully outstanding, and Cold Station 12 was VERY well done. Argeed on one of the most chilling moments in modern trek!:eek:

20. miraclefan

I just wanted to say the first time I saw the last episode of the augment arc, when they were about to infect that klingon colony I thought for sure this was the INCIDENT! that caused the MISUNDERSTANDING ( WAR )between Humans and Klingons:eek: Imagine my supprise when it did'nt happin! I swear I was at the EDGE of my seat!:lol: