Pacific Rim test screenings word of mouth

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RAMA, Mar 25, 2013.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Not that I need any encouragement to see this I am glad to read the positive reviews. I really do think this will be a movie I will love and I think it will be a success!

There hasn't been a new trailer for a while, I hope we get a new one soon.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

even if it received scathing reviews i would still see it.

4. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like to go see movies that get really low reviews. Something fun in all the hate, there really is.

I am still flabbergasted at the guy who left Might Morphan Power Rangers. I mean what did he expect it would be about? Some US Park Rangers who have the power to morph into animals? It wasn't a bad power rangers movie.....

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

This movie is one that I was seeing no matter what the reviews. Giant robots vs. Kaiju directed by Guillermo Del Toro, starring Idris Elba and Ron Perlman, and featuring the voice of GlaDOS? If this was anything other than completely awesome, I would be shocked. Even in that unlikely case, I would have to go see it to understand just how it could have gone so wrong. I am however, pleased to hear the reviews from early screenings are good.

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The trailer rips off Iron Man too much.

7. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

On paper this looks amazing. Charlie Hunnam and Ron Perlman are really good together, and Idris Elba is gravy. And the concept is just bonkers, which I like.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering it's Del Toro, I'll probably see it. But I have to admit I wasn't as blown away by the trailers as others have been. It basically just looked like a mashup of Transformers and Cloverfield to me. The robots and monsters looked pretty generic, and I didn't see anything terribly unique about the direction or style.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really happy to see this is getting good reviews. I was going to see it no matter what since GDT is one of my favorite directors, I love the concept, and I'm a big fan of most of the cast.
    I wish I could find out if there is some way to know when and where they are doing test screenings. My mom and I got to take part in test screenings for the second two Shrek films at the local theater, and it was a cool experience that I would love to do again. The Shrek thing was actually a surprise because they didn't tell us what movies we were seeing, and I can't remember for sure if they even told us it was test screenings. I think they just gave us invites to a special event happening soon.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just hope this movie really sells the sense of scale of these skyscraper sized robots n monsters smacking the crap out of each other :D

11. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Me too! I know that is one of the things I will be looking at in this movie! I just love the thought of giant monsters roaming the earth and I get disappointed with movies that do not depict their size well.