Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, wasn't SHIELD just a front set up by HYDRA all along? HYDRA and their ancient conspiracy still are out there.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep and that reminds me I can't wait until the SHIELD first arc is collected...I'm really interested in what Jonathon Hickman is doing with the series and the history of the organization. I think it's fantastic that it spans so long.

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Kind of.

SHIELD and HYDRA are revealed to be the fronts for twin organizations that were created to safeguard the development of the human race.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I picked up Avengers Prime #1 and liked it well enough, although I don't think the issues between Rogers, Stark and Thor needed a five issue (bi-monthly no less) series to hash out. By the time this little "side adventure" is over, Avengers will be on issue 9, and I really think people will be over it by then.

Alan Davis has long been a favorite of mine, and his art was great as always.

I liked that Steve found a shield to use that he'll be comfortable with, but I thought finding the blue chainmail was a a little cheesy.

So, does Tony remember anything past Civil War or not? He was sure defending his actions like he did.

My favorite pick up of the week was Hawkeye and Mockingbird #1. Picking up where New Avengers: The Reunion left off, we learn more about Mockingbird's new WCA and see the return of...
    ...the pair's arch-nemeses, Crossfire and the ghost of the second Ghost Rider-- the one that raped Mockingbird when she was trapped in the old west.
    Hawk and Mock have always been favorites of mine, so I was really looking forward to this book, and was not disappointed.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  5. Admiral_Young

^ What do you mean does Tony remember anything post Civil War? I'm pretty sure I remembered reading a line from him near the end of "Avengers#1" where he addresses it to Steve and Steve and him have a small talk and essentially says they both made mistakes and now it's time to move past them.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

As I understood it, when Tony's mind was "re-booted" just prior to Siege, his memories were going to to be incomplete, and that he wouldn't remember anything past Civil War.

7. Admiral_Young

I thought you were referring to his mind reboot...yeah as far as I know so far he's indicated no signs of that but maybe that will be a plot line that will be explored later down the line.

8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

He didn't remember how he put Norman Osborn in charge of the Thunderbolts and how that led to Dark Reign.

9. Admiral_Young

^ Didn't he originally release Norman with the nanite deal in order to chase Peter after Peter flipped to Steve's side?

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While Tony doesn't have any actual memories back to about the time of Extremis, he has done the research to know what he did.

11. Admiral_Young

Well I read the second issue of Avengers and it felt a little off...but ended with another intriguing cliffhanger. Secret Avengers#2 came out yesterday as well which I picked up but haven't read yet. Also Marvel seems to be revealing the new 'Spider-Girl' from the Young Allies in an upcoming issue of Amazing Spider-Man (I think 637).

12. Admiral_Young

Just finished reading the second issue of "Secret Avengers" and it's one of the best comics on the shelf right now.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This is the first time I've ever read Avengers stories by individual issue and not by trade, so it feels a little disconnected like nothing's happening. Still, I'm enjoying all of them except for Avengers Academy which I just didn't care about, even with the "shocking" plot twist.

14. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah this is the first time I've been reading single issue Avengers issues as well but am really intrigued by the plot in Secret Avengers more than Avengers now. I don't care also about Avengers Academy.

15. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Secret Avengers a lot too. It's well-written (by the same guy who did the recent Captain America story arc, right?) and it has a dynamic, intriguing cast of characters.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Yeah, Secret Avengers is pretty good. Brubaker knows his stuff. Avengers was a little off to me as well. Not sure Bendis is a good match for the team.( Yeah Yeah I know) So far Secret Avengers reads and feels more like the Avengers I know.

I couldn't even finish Young Allies.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The story of Secret Avengers is not terribly interesting to me. I don't know what a Serpent Crown is in the first place so I'm not amazed and intrigued that there's more than one. Plus... Moon Knight in space?! Little silly.

18. Admiral_Young

It's related to Hydra and the ongoing conflict between Hydra and SHIELD which was revealed to be going on for a lot longer in Jonathon Hickman's excellent SHEILD mini.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Get up to date.

20. Admiral_Young

Okay my bad Hydra just wants it. It's currently
    possessing Nova