Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

If you haven't noticed, Cryptic hasn't given out more than 480 dilithium for any event in a long while. 960 dil in STFs are already an anomaly. While I agree with you that they should give more for ground STFs, asking Cryptic to give even more rewards is pretty much an impossiblity.

2. JeBuS

JeBuS Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ground stuff has always been the most boring part of the game for me, personally. I always avoid it as much as I can.

3. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to admit, I emphasize the space skills much more than the ground skills, even though it'd be easier to choose and fill up the ground skills by default.

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. I'm a Space skills type of person. I prefer the space battles anyway.

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I am not great at ground combat, but i will say with the right team you will learn a lot and it will become really fun to do, the TrekBBs fleet has a lot of people who know how to do them, so if you want to learn the fun way do ground with the fleet, get together with your fleet members, after you have done this a few times you will wonder why you ever thought it was so difficult. ;)

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

My engineer still flies the TOS Constitution from time to time. If I'm in roleplaying mode, I put MK II items on it. Otherwise it gets my top gear. On the lower tier ships you're limited on weapons and equipment slots but you can still do some damage. I also normally make sure that my BOFFs have the Engr/Sci/Tac team abilities at Ensign level.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Ok, the STO Gateway has been Beta for a while. When are they going to fix the KDF char images?

8. intrinsical

Season 9 launches tomorrow. I hope everyone has bought their Romulan or Spire personal kit.

Over the past few months, Cryptic has been hinting that they may scrap the Gateway due to the cost of development and the Gateway not having a revenue stream to support itself. So chances are Gateway is going the way of the dodo soon.

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Something to keep in mind.

When they released the warp/singularity cores, the prices on the exchange for all cores, even common, were through the roof for the first 7 to 10 days. It's possible the prices for the kit modules will do the same thing. So in order to grab a quick profit, you might want to save and add all kit modules to the exchange.

People will be buying the harness and looking for powers to add to it quickly.

10. intrinsical

That's one of the reasons why I recommend getting either the Romulan Embassy or Spire kits now. They automatically get converted into a ultra rare kit frame and associated modules so you don't have to go scrounging for the right parts.

11. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to double check when I get home today.

I have one unrelated question: just what is that white cosmic tear above Earth and Kronos? What is it for? I know it's for career officers, but don't know what it actually does.

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a door to the Captain's Table. A space station social map no one uses.
    Tacofang will eventually get rid if the nebula and add a door to the new Club 47 whenever that one gets finished.

13. Vendikarr

I never knew where the entrance was. I will have to stop by there before it disappears.

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So it looks like all the NPCs in Earth Space Dock are going to be using the Odyssey Uniforms once season 9 hits.

15. Timelord Victorious

Mostly... there are a few strays with old Sierra uniforms sti
    ll spawning.

16. intrinsical

One more thing, your character's traits might be reset to blanks tomorrow. So you might want to note down the exact traits your characters currently have.

17. Vendikarr

One of my current traits is telekinesis. That trait wasn't on Tribble last time I looked. I hope they didn't get rid of it with Season 9. I like that push to get NPCs out of melee range.

18. intrinsical

Did anyone see the stats of the two new Undine player ships? 1 x Cmdr, 2 x Lt. Cmdr, 1 x Lt. and no pesky Ensign Boff stations! I had hoped those were typos, but devs have confirmed they're real and accurate. Do you know how much overpowered crazy madness players can do with such ships?

It depends on the tier of the console. We have not unlocked Mk XI and Mk XII consoles.

19. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I noticed... So I got a eng kit. I'm just not very sure why we needed to get one before the new season...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  20. Timelord Victorious

It is listed as a known issue in the patch notes.

It's the last chance to get one.

After the patch you only get a frame with one module and have to buy additional modules.
    If you don't want to keep it, you can turn the old one in for a full new kit frame.

Madness. Not only did they make the most non sensical ship ever playable, the effectively put it up there with if not above Jem'Hadar Attack ship and Scimitar.

It has the best Boff layout of any ship in the game. The bug is a bit faster and the Scimitar can cloak and launch fighters, otherwise it trumps everything.

The cruiser layout is what I wish the Galaxy had.

At least they can't cloak ambush you, but a vaper build will be non defensible against anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.