Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Based on the way hit lit into Victoria in the following scene, I think it's safe to say he didn't know about the lack of an extraction plan.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was Ward Lying? Because he told Fitz that there was an Extraction.

Either he was lying, or he was lied to.

What seems more likely?

3. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Well, since Ward tried flashing his light to communicate with an exfiltration team, and was disappointed that no one replied, I'd say he was not told that no one would be coming.

4. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

I believe Hand knew Coulson would go and extract his team off book.

5. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^Almost...they still need a Dum Dum Duggan cameo to complete the set.

As to May's relationship to Skye: I inferred that May was the female SHIELD agent that dropped baby Skye off at the orphanage (or wherever the little tike was deposited) as mentioned in the redacted file. My guess is that Skye's mother was actually May's sister, making her Skye's Aunt May.

Any mention of wheat cakes on the show would have Sony's legal department scouring their Spider-Man licensing agreement for signs of infringement.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I hate to say it, but with every new episode lacking a super hero or a super villain or a spandex costume... my interesting drops just a little bit. And the tag scenes are getting progressively less interesting. I could do with another Nick Fury cameo about now.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Eh, I don't need the episodes to feal with super heroes/villains in fact I'm glad it's NOT doing this as I was afraid that's what we'd get. A Freak of the Week series which, thankfully, we're not getting.

For a moment there in this episode was thinking it was going to be revealed Coulson was Skye's father. I sort-of wonder if Skye isn't supposed to be an analogue to Peter Parker here in the MCU? With Parker's parents having disappeared presumably on a mission for SHIELD or something along those lines.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Except he hasn't been established in the MCU as a present-day SHIELD agent, only as a member of Cap's team in WWII.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I tried the sandwich today. Had to go to a gourmet food shop to find the buffalo mozzarella and the pesto aioli, but it was worth it. I made two sandwiches and they were quite good. Fitz liked just a hint of pesto aioli, but I found that putting more on really made the sandwich. It's a great spread. Funny thing too... Someone else was there asking about buffalo mozzarella. Maybe they saw SHIELD and had the same idea.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And as working along side Howard Stark as he was putting together S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Agent Carter One-Shot.

11. Turtletrekker

I wonder if that is the favorite sandwich of the writer or member of the crew? The original title of the episode was "The Sandwich Incident".

For the record-- my favorite sandwich is buffalo chicken, bacon and ranch.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I'm wondering if they expected people to try and make it.

In any case, the sandwich was better integrated into the story than the pineapple cake was on Enterprise.

13. Trekker4747

The sandwich is actually a favorite food item of Namor as established in Issue #138 of Sub-Mariner.

14. Turtletrekker

Sooooooooo, Fitz is actually Namor? :confused:

15. Trekker4747

Well, not anymore than The Bus is an entire comic universe. It was just a little in-joke. But, yet, Fitz is Namor. Calling it now!

16. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And the pictures I've seen of Dugan's profile in that briefing packet Fury gave Rogers had Dugan flagged as deceased, along with most of the rest of the Howlers for MCU purposes.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

He's talking with Agent Sitwell. Sitwell mentions something about Fury springing to bring him to Tahiti and Coulson says "it's a magical ... place" with apparent disappointment that he was saying that phrase.

Although, to be fair, Buffalo Mozzarella is the only kind of mozzarella one should buy.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^ENNHHH! He was talking to Hand.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Also, why couldn't The Hub have been a Helicarrier? It just needed a single establishing shot. Hell you could have stolen it from The Avengers.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

For one thing, I'm not sure the Helicarrier could support a plane as big as the Bus. For another, it's Fury's command post, and this episode was about introducing Victoria Hand. As far as introducing other helicarriers goes, that seems to be something they're saving for The Winter Soldier.