Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

No doubt very likely true.
    Which raises the question: At what point, even for Batman, does saturation via turnover begin to set in for the film franchise?

Amazing Spider-man isn't on a path to do the same type domestic money as the prior films. Superman Returns, as a soft reboot was a non-starter despite the years away.

How drastic of a take will the next Batman have to be in order so seem "must see"? IMO, the take should be Batman Beyond.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I'm willing to bet they do an adaptation of Arkham Asylum. That game is mega-popular.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind something in the Arkham Universe, but I don't know if I'd want to see them do a direct adaptation of the game.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@davejames I wouldn't believe that report since they cite Comic Book Movies as their source LOL. Right now DC has no plan to do anything like Marvel Studios has done with their own films. I'm not sure why sites like Cosmic News or Comic Book Movies continue to insist to make up crap like this.

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

A Man of Steel trailer was among the trailers rated by Alberta's film classification body yesterday. The trailer clocks in at 1 minute and 27 seconds and is rated G. Good evidence to back up the expectation that a Man of Steel teaser will be attached to The Dark Knight Rises.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Good news. We need something for that and TDKR is the best slot for maximum exposure (outside the Olympics I guess) no doubt.

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Excellent. I can't wait to see some footage from this movie.
    Do we know if they'll be showing anything more at comic-con?

9. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Isn't there supposed to be a MOS trailer at this years Comic com?

10. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

I think I've been as excited to see a trailer for this film as any movie that I've wanted to see this summer. I've been wanting to see a nice FX heavy Superman movie that has him fighting someone other than a real estate scammer for over a decade. Superman Returns had it's moments (the plane rescue scene is still one of my all time fave super hero movie moments), but overall it was just not the kind of movie you want as your return to the big screen after almost two decades away.

And while I enjoy the Marvel movies immensely, I'm really hoping that MoS puts "non-Batman DC films" back on track after the cluster fuck that was Green Lantern.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure after the panel Saturday they'll be more than a few bootleg versions of the trailer floating around...

12. Gojira

This weekend Legendary Pictures is also going to be bringing news about the Godzilla movie coming out. Along with that I am really about to burst waiting for a MOS trailer. I will probably watch it a 1,000 or more times!

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

But... doesn't Warner Brothers own DC Comics outright? :confused:

14. Gojira

I guess after some complicated law suits from the families of the creators of Superman they still have some rights to the character.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  15. Admiral_Young

@Gojira to answer your earlier question...footage is supposed to be shown during the "Man of Steel" panel. I'm guessing similar to what has been done before with "Thor" and "Captain America: First Avenger". Then we will most likely get the teaser trailer attached with "The Dark Knight Rises" next weekend.

Superman Homepage confirms the trailer will be attached with "The Dark Knight Rises" next weekend.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  16. Gojira

Thanks! I am hopeful that whatever they show at Comic-Con will be leaked early. If Not I can wait to see it with Batman.

17. SalvorHardin

A rough description of the teaser from the live Comic-con coverage of comingsoon.net

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  18. Gojira

^ SOUNDS GREAT!!!

19. SalvorHardin

20. Admiral_Young