Malfunctioning TV listing site

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by RobertVA, Feb 19, 2014.

1. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For quite a while I've be using http://www.zap2it.com/ to see what's on TV

1. In one room I'm running a TV connected directly to the coax which can't display the cable provider's guide
    2. The grid in the newspaper only covers the evening. For a variety of reasons I seldom buy it anyway.
    3. The guide on the cable is somewhat lame as well. Often only an episode title (particularly obscure with Hawaii 5 O's Hawaiian titles), a partial regular cast list and the director. sometimes the listing for a show is only "Talk Show".
    Recently it's started showing out of date information in the "What's On Tonight" frame on the main page (Shows just the major networks, PBS and for some reason the USA Network cable channel). This afternoon it's showing last Sunday's programing on my Android tablet (Chrome browser) and what I believe to be last Friday's programing on my PC (on Chrome and IE 11). The time and date is set properly on both systems. I've also refreshed the page. The full listing (all the channels on the cable system) pop's up with the current half hour in the first column, but requires a lot of scrolling.

Are any other members here getting the same out of date information in that frame?

2. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I just go to the channel's website and check the programming schedule there.

3. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It would be a bit tedious visiting a separate site for each individual channel though, even for the limited quantity in the What's On Tonight frame.