A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2011.

1. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Tyrion in chains and Sansa at the Eyrie would be the obvious ones (in the latter case, while set photos and other pictures of Sophie Turner already suggested this, it looks like there's not going to be any "Alayne Stone" hair on the show).

2. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Aw, that's a shame.

3. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

4. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And here's a 15-seconds teaser trailer by HBO Adria. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih3WsEKmID0

There's no way for anyone who hasn't read the books to figure out she's in the Eyrie from that shot. Heck, people who have read the books aren't sure she is in the Eyrie in that shot - there's been a discussion about it on the Forum of Ice and Fire, and some people think she's still in King's Landing in that shot. The background in that shot looks very strange and unfinished, as if they hadn't done the post-production on it; some have even speculated it's fake to cover up the actual location.

And how do we know she's not having darker hair in the Eyrie? Have there been any set photos of Sophie at the Eyrie? I've only seen the ones from Dubrovnik/KL.

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rommie: Yes, the order of importance on the TV show is: tits > people snarking at each other > politics (mostly shown through people snarking at each other) > magic things that make for spectacular TV (dragons, wights etc.) > mysticism, backstory and overall themes.

People who only watch the show are probably wondering why the book series is called A Song of Ice and Fire. If they even know what it's called.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  6. CaptainCanada

We don't know for sure, but she never changed her hair at any point during filming, so the only way the hair change is happening is if it's a wig (she also, for instance, had red hair in Iceland when filming Vale stuff, so again, wig is the only option). Which could be the case, for all we know, but considering Turner's hair is dyed red to begin with, I don't know why they wouldn't just dye it again.

7. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Maybe she likes her hair red and doesn't want to change it?

I don't think changing he hair color is necessary, people who know Sansa will recognize her with any hair color and people who don't know her won't figure out who she is just because of her hair, it's not that special, the show can just ignore that bit from the novels.

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks good. This season should be a good sign as to how they will handle the next few seasons, shuffling up the books everywhere but in Kings Landing (and making a few changes there as well).

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

11. CaptainCanada

King's Landing is going to be pretty much depopulated this year (after hitting peak capacity in the same season).

12. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I cannot wait until the longer look is posted.

I wonder what they will do with Bran and Co plus Rickon this year? It looks like parts of Bran's book 4 story will begin. In the last season they sent Rickon off to the Umbers. I wonder if they will use that to show opposition to Roose's rule?

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

IIRC, in the books, once Rickon was sent away, that's the last we saw of him. I'm re-reading the books now, and I'm only up to Clash of Kings, but I think that's it for him - and Osha - for now. It's just Bran and Hodor and the Reeds at this point, beyond the wall.
    Nothing earth-shattering...

14. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

They've done Bran's entire story from A Storm of Swords already, so there's not much to do but get into his three A Dance with Dragons chapters. Bloodraven is appearing this year, which means they'll be getting through at least two of the three; I expect they'll also do part of the third, which spans a long time and has enough interesting material that it could easily cover the entire fifth season as well.

In the books, Rickon and Osha haven't appeared on page since the end of A Clash of Kings, but we know they end up on Skagos, an island to the east of the Wall reportedly inhabited by cannibals. Davos is tasked with rescuing them as the price for Wyman Manderly's support of Stannis. What'll happen on the show, I have no idea. There's no information either way on whether Natalia Tena and Art Parkinson did filming for this season.

15. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's a profile of Emilia Clarke from The Wall Street Journal Magazine with a slideshow of the magazine photo shoot.

16. CaptainCanada

Yeah, there is. They didn't (Tena said as much).

17. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Not doubting you particularly, but do you have a source for that? I see a Spanish-language interview where she's uncertain, but nothing else. And, something I hadn't noticed before, Art Parkinson tweeted last summer about being in Belfast with lots of lines to learn. Maybe that was for another project, though.

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Or he was just being snarky, he did something similar before season 3 started, when he said he wasn't sure if he filmed scenes for it, he knows that Rickon is the unimportant and often forgotten Stark.

19. CaptainCanada

Parkinson is in a Dracula project that was also filming in Belfast.

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Nathalie Emmanuel will be a regular cast member in the fifth season. From Deadline: