Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

They should've just called it Chloeville.

:bolian:

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It became TessVille for me after season eight :)

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Ah yes, Miss Breastmacher!

:devil:

4. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I love 'em both and Lois as well! :D

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I just love this picture, though it looks like poor Ally is getting crushed by Erica's big, phony fun-bags.

:eek:

[​IMG]

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

That is a great pictgure. :techman:

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Indeed. The closest we'll ever get to HLA on Smallville.

:devil: ;) :evil:

8. Admiral_Young

^ Actually wasn't the actual closest that witch episode? ;) This thread has been taken of course..

Read issue 51 yesterday and thought it was great. Probably one of the more fast paced issues of the arc. Started with some great Booster and Skeets stuff as they're being interrogated by Earth-Man. Clark and Kara fight again about philosophical differences until they finally come to an understanding, and finally Doomsday is unleashed! Great issue.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Which witch ep? The one from Season 9 (the Celtic one) or the one from I think Season 6? Don't remember it well.

:confused:

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

No, you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw hell, now I'm probably going to have to buy a single issue instead of waiting three weeks like I usually do!

:p

11. Admiral_Young

I was referring to "Spell". The episode where Lois and Chloe are infected by Isobel Thoreaux after Lana invokes a spell from a book. Erica and Aly wearing those sexy black lingere type outfits...not really HLA but pretty sexy for the show at that time IMO. This happened in season four.

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Thanks AY, I'll have to go through our DVDs and pull that one out for another look. A lot of the early stuff I've really forgotten, save for a few memorable Chlovage outfits.

(I know, one-track mind over here!)

:bolian:

13. Admiral James Kirk

Smallville: Season 11 #52 - Argo Part 8 came out today and my hungry eyes devoured it like the tasty eye candy that it is! My thoughts on this issue are quite brief because the issue itself was quite brief.

Well... that's not true. The issue was the same size as any other issue of Smallville but the pacing of this issue was brisk. It was mostly action. Large panels packed fulla punch. It was a quick read that flew by at a pace faster than that of a speeding bullet.

There was a fair amount of Doomsday action in this issue. It wasn't quite the epic Superman/Doomsday fight I was hoping for but considering this is part 8 of a 9 part story that really wasn't ever gonna happen. I just have to readjust my expectations accordingly. What was there was nice. It wasn't so much Superman against Doomsday so much as it was Superman rallying the people of New Krypton to stand up against their destroyer.

I will say that Doomsday seems a whole helluva lot less formidable in Argo than he did in the original comics or even than he was on Smallville. It may just be that Superman is a lot more experienced now than he was on the show so Doomsday just isn't as much of a challenge. I dunno. I'll chalk that up to "Adaptation Decay". Not that anything in this book is rotten mind you but...

The trope does apply.

For me the best part of the issue was Booster Gold. I like how he's gone from the arrogant poser he was on the series to a guy on the verge of proving himself a true hero. His moments with Skeets in this issue rang true and were quite endearing. I'm hoping Booster gets his own arc soon-teamed up with Jaime-assuming he survives Argo which...

Is not necessarily a given.

The Kryptonians revenge for the Doomsday attack is appropriately brutal and leaves us with a cliffhanger that leaves the future of Earth in peril and has me panting for next weeks finale.

See ya then! :D

14. Admiral_Young

I think we can chalk up Doomsday's ineffectiveness due to the fact that he's basically a clone of the original. I think the highlights of this issue for me were Booster and Skeets, and Kal-El inspiring the Kryptonians to fight for themselves. As well as the Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes continued homage! Maybe the weakest issue of the arc so far, and I don't like this Daniel DHR or whoever he is. I think he's the weakest of the rotating artists that Q uses. Also Rokk's reference to the Death of Superman ;) Clark is thinking about his first encounter with Doomsday, but Rokk would know better too :)

15. Admiral James Kirk

Is he a clone of the original though? I thought he was the original rejuvenated by the DNA of Faora's baby. If he's a clone then it makes sense that he's been Borged down because... All the Doomsday clones have been complete pussies compared to the original.

16. Admiral_Young

Perhaps clone is the incorrect word...he's not exactly that and he's not exactly the original either, and plus he's never faced this many opponents at the same time before, and as you mentioned he's facing a much more seasoned Superman. He's still better than what we got in the show :) I do like the fact that Clark is realizing his mistake with him though "I should have buried him deeper." Once again Q touching on flawed elements from the series and dealing with them in the comic. I think beyond all the arcs, I think this is what I love most about the comic.

17. Admiral James Kirk

It's entirely possible that Superman's fought Doomsday since that episode. There's been a thousand years between Argo and the Season 8 Finale. I'm sure there was a Death of Superman saga somewhere in Clark's long life. :D I'd like to think this Doomsday's been taking a long ass dirt nap after a mighty battle with the Man of Steel.

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

This is what I'm having a bit of a boggle with here, and it's a common problem with many time-travel stories that dislodge someone from the present and drop them into the future. Let's look at this logically for a moment:

If the ring took Clark and Booster out of the timeline and transported them a thousand years into the future, then Clark was removed from the timeline at that point and essentially skipped over a millenium. Hence, there couldn't have been any more Superman from that point because he wasn't there.

So how could he have had another encounter with Doomsday after the first one in this future, if he didn't live through those years? The future he and Booster have been taken to has to be a parallel one to the one where Clark remained in the timeline and lived on to have a multitude of heroic adventures.

Yeah I know, you two guys are probably thinking 'It's just a comic, Proc, don't over-think it'. And you're probably right, but as I say, this is a common contrivance of time-travel stories and it really bugs the shit out of me.

:scream:

OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I decided to go back and re-read the whole Argo arc, because I've been having a hard time remembering what happened in which issue and keeping the events straight in my head. Plus, since I didn't really remember Booster all that well, I pulled out the Season 10 DVD and watched the ep he was in, which certainly helped quite a bit.

:techman:

One thing I had forgotten until I watched it was how incredibly annoying Cat Grant is/was. That squeaky-whiny voice! My ears! Stop the pain!!

OK, I'll get off my soapbox... For now.

:lol:

19. Admiral_Young

You're over thinking the time travel thing. Clark and Michael will obviously be returned to the present at the time they left, again I'm pretty sure the show displayed this before with the ring's time travel capability along with when Brainy pushed Clark through time I believe in "Homecoming"...Rokk is referring to future events that have already happened. Remember when the three of them first time travelled back to "Smallville" they thought something had happened because Clark wasn't Superman yet and Garth nearly revealed his superhero name to Clark and had Rokk clamp his mouth shut.

All of Clark's history has already unfolded naturally by the time we've reached the Legion timeline. We know this already from the the original founders first trip back to the past. Nothing has been disrupted in terms of that.

20. Admiral James Kirk

Pro, I didn't really start enjoying the Argo arc either until I rewatched the Booster episode. Something about having the character's voice in my head really helped augment my enjoyment of the whole affair. It's amazing how it looks like an epic Superman/Legion story on the surface but it's really a character piece about Booster's hero journey. I can't wait to see how it turns out in a few days.