Who Do You Think is the Best Actor on Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Ro_Laren, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Which Actor Did The Best Job Portraying their Enterprise Character?

1. Scott Bakula

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Jolene Blalock

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Connor Trinneer

25 vote(s)
    46.3%
  4. John Billingsley

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Dominic Keating

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Linda Park

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. Anthony Montgomery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No one

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I went with Connor, but objectively, it's Billingsley.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

^heh, true.

3. WarpCore

WarpCore Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'd have to go with Breezy. Out of anyone on the show, she seemed to drop into her character most naturally, and that was even while playing a character of the opposite sex!

Bakula couldn't have been reading a teleprompter unless it was incredibly advanced version of Google Glass installed on the back of his eyelids since he gave half of his lines with his eyes closed and roughly the other half looking at the floor or his shoes.

Yeah, I'm saying the dog played a more convincing role than the oft beloved and worshiped Bakula. I really BELIEVED that Pothos loved cheese!

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Best actor? I don't know? But I thought Trinneer and Blalock did the best with rather poor material on the most consistent basis.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I couldn't in good conscience vote for her in this kind of competition, but I'd like to echo that Blalock is often underestimated as an actress.

She's certainly no Jeri Ryan (I know, not a perfect analogy, but also an actress often reduced to superficial qualities), but she's pretty damn good.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Mind giving us an example? I've seen her in probably 85% of her roles, and T'Pol is the only one in which she doesn't thoroughly suck.

7. vulcan redshirt

vulcan redshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Starship Troopers3 wasn't exactly her finest hour was it?

Regarding the others, I'd say it's either Trinneer or or Billingsley.

8. MikeyO

MikeyO Ensign Newbie

It's gotta be Chef!

[​IMG]

Seriously though this is a tough question. My favorite character is definitely Flox. I enjoyed Bakula in Quantum Leap and I think that makes me want to like him in this more than I should. I don't care for T'Pol as a character, but I think Blalock does a great job of playing a younger (ish) Vulcan who rarely has her feelings in complete control. I strongly dislike Hoshi but I don't think that is necessarily Linda Park's fault, I think it is her whiny character. Overall I'm going to have to go with Billingsley. Linda Park commented about the episode Extinction how she gained a lot of respect for him after she did a single episode in full alien make-up, and he does it every episode. I can't think of any time Trinneer has let me down, but I'm gotta go with Billingsley, with Trinneer a close second. Keating and Montgomery didn't get enough screen time to compete, in my opinion.

9. Triptacular

Triptacular Captain Captain

Connor Trinneer, no question.