Intro to the next generation ideas....

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dark-prophet, Apr 27, 2013.

1. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

Look at the timestamps between my two posts... I literally put Season 1 Disc 1 in the DVD player and we sat down and watched it between those two posts I made.

Good stuff Mojochi, I've always really liked Timescape.

I wish the OP would chime in and let us know what happened/what he thinks.

2. DJ Mike

DJ Mike Ensign Red Shirt

Curiously my girlfriend (who has no interest in sci-fi particularly or technology) really got into Star Trek very quickly. Think I happened to be watching early Season 2 and she enjoyed it so we ended up watching the whole run. Then the whole of DS9. Then the whole of Battlestar Galactica remake. She enjoys shows that are character driven which ST has in barrel loads so not hard to see why she enjoys it. The sci-fi/alien edge just makes it more interesting.

3. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have related this story a few times on this board but here goes...

My girlfriend (now my wife) expressed an interest in watching with me. I thought really hard about the best episode and showed her Tapestry. She was unimpressed - no investment in the characters you see. Then I was watching Justice on a re-run, widely regarded as one of TNG's worse, she loved it; its campness, the naked guys and Picards great end-of-episode-monologue. She was hooked in.

Just goes to show that it will happen when/if they want it to happen. Don't over-analyse. :bolian:

4. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Data's day is the best answer for a girlfriend. Girls love data. Especially episodes where he is portrayed as overly innocent or "cute"

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Must test this theory sometime.... ooh In Theory.. another good episode. :p