Does Kira ever get a Good End?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by TheRoyalFamily, May 27, 2013.

1. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

I've noticed a lot that when Kira is in the last scene, it's either an ambiguous, bittersweet, or melancholy ending to the show.

Does she ever get a happy ending? Maybe she does, and I don't notice it.

2. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

The only one that comes to mind is escaping the MU in Crossover. Not a particularly happy ending, but not an unhappy or bittersweet ending either.

Her taking over the station at the end of the series was sort of happy back-to-business-as-usual sort of ending, sandwiched between leaving Odo with his people and mourning the loss of Sisko with Jake at the very end.

She's just not a happy ending sort of character.

3. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

How about the end of "Chimera"?

4. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

At the end of the series? Heck no and I felt bad for her. But she didn't leave on a super sad note either, just bittersweet.

5. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every arc did not get tied up with a pretty bow at the end. The door was left open for interpretation and future stories. But I liked it like that. The perfect way to end this series in my view.

6. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Kira came full circle at the end. She ended where she began, but as a changed person.

7. BennyRussel

BennyRussel Commander Red Shirt

Right around the corner. Just across the track.
    Starship Down

She gets to go to a baseball game with Sisko after having an important emotional talk with him about how she feels about serving under the Emissary.

Also how about His Way?

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And based on strict observation of the Intendant's catsuit, I'm forced to conclude that in any universe, Kira has an awesome end! :devil:

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I guess she gets together with another Bajoran dude. She really seems into boring guys.

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Kira got her bittersweet end with Odo leaving. It's hard to have a happy end after that. But I like the way she was helping Jake at the end.

Kira probably did wind up with some Bajoran guy in the future but probably waited a while after Odo left, and she seemed like she felt it was her responsibility to wait for Sisko.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Her ending in the real series was sad in a lot of ways. Sure the war was won, her world was on a new path, but there was a lot of cost. She lost friends, her love and in many ways was alone again. That's really what made the ending more... real, that it wasn't perfect and had the good with the bad. Like life often does.

12. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

Kira episode endings almost always have to be bittersweet, much like Jake episode endings have to have a shot of him hugging his Dad.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

You think any ending Kira got in the series was bad? Try this on for size...

in the novels, she's DEAD!

I actually think it's almost comical the way Kiras tend to have bad shit happening to them all the time. Like the "Crisis on Infinite Kiras" thing in the MU where mirror-Iliana seemed to be going from universe to universe, killing every Kira she could find...