Die Hard V - Not Looking Good...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Captaindemotion, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Die Hard V: Why Can't I Just Die?

The fourth was a nice ending to the franchise, Lucy was great. I wasn't really looking forward to the 5th as it was, every new bit of news just makes it sound worse.

2. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

Unlike the ALIEN franchise, I think DIE HARD still kept its edge despite the fourth's PG-13 rating.

But to complete the circle I want Paulina the maid to co-star with Willis in DH6.:cool:

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, hey--to be fair, say what you will about Wolverine having a weak plot--the film was FUN. It was filled with the kind of riveting, tough-guy, witty dialogue that John McClain would revel in. The characterization was excellent, and so on.

(But then, I'm not a faithful reader of the comics...so I wasn't nitpicking the film for those kinds of errors....)

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

If Argyle isn't his sidekick in the next one, I'm not interested. :)

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping Hans had another brother...

And whatever happened to the teddy bear!

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Die Hard V - Oh, it's happening!!!

Jack has been cast. Jai Courtney lands the role of McClane Jr for Die Hard V.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Hence my 'tongue out' smiley!

And anyway, as has already been pointed out, both McClane kids appeared in the original movie.

Um - this was pointed out a day or two and page or two back.

Never seen this guy in anything. Is he any good?

And it looks like they're rehashing the 'estranged offspring' storyline. Would it have been so awful to have made the McClane father and son pals from the outset?

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be better if his son was a New York cop getting into trouble.

9. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

I nominate Clive Owen to be the next villain: Desmond Gruber, adopted son of the Gruber crime family. His backup can be Jack Black as Notalint. Please kill his character of early before he wrecks yet another movie.

10. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Neatly dodging the fact that the first movie (the best one) worked with his kids. I'll accept your silence on that to be tacit agreement.

And my opinion of Lucy won't be countered or swayed by your opinion, no matter how hard you might try to present it as fact.

Ahem - na-na-na-NA-na :p

11. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He was in the first season of Starz' "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" as one of Spartacus' gladiator friends, and I thought he did quite well. But this sounds like it will be a completely different kind of role, at least, in terms of how the character speaks - the action bits I'm sure he can handle.

12. Captaindemotion

^ Thanks. I saw a pic of him in Spartacus outfit (gladiator gear, curly blond hair), then a pic of him alongside Willis in his DH screen test, with a crew cut, looking totally different. Apparently the actors auditioning for John Jr tested alongside Bruce with three scenes - one involving gunplay, one where they were flirting with girls and one involving an emotional scene between father and son. Hopefully his chemistry with Bruno was what landed him the role.

13. Captaindemotion

http://www.moviehole.net/201252957-...liss-first-pick-to-play-his-son-in-die-hard-5

This article suggests that Courtney wasn't Bruce's first choice to play McClane Jr, that Bruno wanted DJ Coltrona, who plays opposite him in the new GI Joe movie, for the role. The studio nixed him and Liam Hemsworth because each already has a movie co-starring Willis (Hemsworth is in The Expendables 2).

Of course, Willis wasn't the first choice to play McClane in the original movie and neither was Sam Jackson for Vengeance, but then again, Sam and Bruno starring together in Pulp Fiction didn't really damage DHWAV any either, did it?

14. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really... Aaron Paul auditioned for this shit and he didn't crack their top 3? If that doesn't shatter your confidence in the people behind the Die Hard franchise these days, I don't think anything will.

15. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

listen, i like aaron paul, but his work on breaking bad is overrated imo.

that... and he's just too much of a little skinny kid to be john mcclane's son. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, i just don't see why you'd think he's the best choice for that role. i can see why they might pass over him despite his obvious talent, because they want a burlier type

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  16. Captaindemotion

Bump!

A couple of baddies join the cast:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88862

Also, in kinda Die Hard-related news, I see the whole 'DH On A' genre seems to be making a comeback. Roland Emmerich is to direct White House Down (by the writer of The Amazing Spider-man and Zodiac, James Vanderbilt). This sounds like a cross between Die Hard and Air Force One (which was itself Die Hard on the Presidential Plane), with terrorists taking over 1600 Penn. Ave. That plot also formed the basis of a bonkers, but entertaining plot in S7 of 24, while there was at one stage rumoured to be a sequel to The Rock, set in Washington's most famous address.

Liam Neeson is to appear in Non-Stop, for producer Joel Silver, who produced the first two DH movies. This will be another Die Hard on a Plane, like Passenger 57, Con Air, Air Force One and others I've probably forgotten.

17. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ George C Scott in "Hindenberg?" :D

18. Captaindemotion

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I want to be pleasantly surprised about this film. But as it stands I don't see how it can be any good.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

snakes on a plane? :p

Actually you could count Executive Decision as well.