Susan Gibney as Seven of Nine

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Ro_Laren, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

The Lisa from TV's Weird Science becoming 7 of 9 actually has a pretty awesomely appropriate symmetry to it.

[​IMG]

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I listened to a Podcast this week where they talked about this, and they even brought up Gibney as Janeway. I could see her as Janeway, but I just can't as 7. That would mean putting her in Borg make up to start out and considering we saw her as Leah and Bentine, that would be kind of strange.

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

With your teeth Kate, with your teeth.

:lol:

4. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I'm trying to remember if I heard that before...

5. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.
    I found her acting............limited.

6. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree...but I have to wonder if we (and that includes me) are less than enthused by her acting ability entirely because she's a meh actor, or at least partly because she gave Geordi the cold shoulder. That was certainly understandable, as she (as Leah Brahms) was married, but our judgments of what guests do to or with our regular, comfortable characters aren't always informed by fairness.

Just wonderin'.

7. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I always figured that the reason Leah Brahms was a little cold was because of her annoyance towards Geordi vs. the acting ability of Susan Gibney.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

For me, it has nothing to do with Leah Brahms or any of Gibney's Trek characters. I just don't think Gibney is the great actress the producers seemed to consider her to be.

9. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Susan Gibney would've looked awesome in those skin tight catsuits, and as Seven, she would've been alright. As she was so loved by the production people, she would've gotten alot of stuff to do, as well. But would she have been great? I suspect she would've been servicable as Seven, however because of her limited range, I don't doubt that she'd be even more susceptible to criticisms such as only having gotten the role because of her looks - her body. And I don't think she would ever truly rise above that. Again, though, there would be no Jeri Ryan to compare her to, I'm sure Susan would work out fine. It just would've been OK, having her there, though.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

If Susan had been Seven, this thread would be about whether Jeri Ryan of Dark Skies would have been a better Seven.