Big Brother

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Keith1701, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

McCrae is kind of a non-entity right now. He doesn't really say much (which is working in his favor), and mostly lays around in bed sleeping all day. So honestly I don't really even remember he's there most of the time.

As I've already said, I do like Andy. No, he's not involved in the bashing. And I actually have never thought that Andy follows the typical "gay stereotype," I think that he differs from it in many ways.

I think the difference for me with Judd is that he is more relatable. That's really what I meant when I called him normal. He is a nice guy who is more down to earth than many of the other contestants who got cast because they want to be models or actors. Andy is relatable in many ways as well but for me Judd is like the regular guy that I feel most connected to. He is very funny and his sense of humor is very similar to mine.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Amanda is running the game and is an ugly person, but I was happy to see Candice go. She really never started calling it a "game" until her back was against the wall and she needed to get the votes. I couldn't stand her and I'll enjoy watching the game a little bit more with her gone.

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally the diabolical schemer known simply as Judd has been expelled from the unanimous utopia of Big Brother. The timid houseguests were able to somehow outwit this wily genius of the game and foment a daring uprising in the span of one meager episode.

Huzzah!

:wtf:

Seriously though, what is going on in that house? Like a collective group mind, they always vote as one with very little deviation. Maybe this is all a huge commercial for that new CBS show, Hostages. "Judd is one of my best friends and closest allies in the game, but -- dammit! -- they have my daughter and said if I don't vote how they want, they'll..." sobs "I vote to evict Judd, Julie."

Am I missing something? Is there a Judd with a goatee that materializes in the house every night and plots against everyone? A Judd that the cameras can't pick up on any monitors? No?

Then that leaves only one conclusion: the house is full of idiots and despicable people -- and the despicable people are telling the idiots what to think. What an absolutely pointless and lousy move by the house tonight.

Judd, on the other hand, was a remarkably good sport about the whole event, showing grace and class toward people and actions that in no way deserved this reaction. His exit from the game is a true shame.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

You know, this season started out with over half the cast being decent. Now Nick, Howard, and Judd are all gone and all the racist catty shitheads are still there.

I take it back. This is the fourth worst cast ever, behind only 8, 11, 12.

We still have McRae and Andy. Two tolerable people left.

If we could reset the season only not have a stupid MVP rule we'd still have Nick and Howard, and Elissa and Aryan would be gone.

5. Danny99

I still don't know why they introduced the MVP with Elissa in the season. Rachael still lives, breathes, eats Big Brother, still coasting off her fifteen minutes of fame. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.

6. Spot's Meow

^Yeah I don't like that either. I actually think the MVP twist is a very good idea. It just needed to be done without Elissa there and with the stipulation that the same person can't get it two weeks in a row.

And yes, it is hilarious and sad how everyone thought Judd was such a "shady schemer." He's not innocent, but he's a lot less of a schemer than pretty much everyone left in the house. I think there were two things that caused Judd to leave the game.

The first is the MVP twist in the last three weeks, which had everyone convinced that Judd was MVP and was secretly gunning for Amanda, because she couldn't possibly fathom that America would nominate her.

The other thing was a lie that Judd told when he was HOH. He wanted Kaitlin to go that week, so he told Helen that he overheard a conversation in which Kaitlin said she would nominate Helen. This was made up. The next week, he told Amanda and McCrae, two people whom he trusted, that it was a lie. Even though he was honest with them and the move actually benefitted them, Amanda never really seemed to trust Judd again after that. Sort of the "well if he lied about that, what else could he be lying about" mentality. As if all of these people haven't lied every 5 minutes.

7. Danny99

I liked Amanda to start, but she has really taken a turn for the ugly. She has had a hand in every eviction and then when people call her out on it, she gets defensive about it. She is abrasive to the point where even McCrae (who is still having sex with her) is telling her to tone it down.

I'm pretty much down to hoping for a McCrae/Andy final two. I don't mind Spencer either, but the rest of them have grated on my nerves to a point that them winning would make me feel as good as Maggie winning season 6 over Ivette (the definition of choosing the lesser of two evils).

8. JirinPanthosa

I hated the MVP twist mostly because I hate it when the audience gets to intervene in the course of the game. Every time they do a coup de tat it's even worse. If the MVP twist was going to work they would have had to find a way to determine it besides audience vote.

*sigh* I guess we just need to ride this thing out, then in two months the good reality competition shows will be back. I wonder what Gervase looks like now.

9. Spot's Meow

What do you guys think of Julie's statement that the game isn't over for the jury members? Will one of them be voted back in? Win a competition to come back? Have some power over nominations or the house? A jury member came back in BB Canada and won (we all know Jillian was only the technical winner). A lot of people were upset that a jury member would come back in the game, they felt it was unfair. I actually love it when they bring people back in though, and since Julie warned them all ahead of time about this possibility I feel its more fair.

What I found very telling was in last night's episode when McCrae and Andy were bawling their eyes out over Judd leaving and Amanda just sat there with a smug smile on her face. It's not like she's not a cryer, as we see later when McCrae didn't let her win HOH.

10. JirinPanthosa

I think it depends on the exact circumstance. It would have pissed me off if Lillian won Survivor 7, but that's largely because she got to come back in with the safest position of the swing vote. But it wouldn't have pissed me off if Amy won BB3 or Kaysar won BB6. Well, Amy would have pissed me off only because she wasn't a good player, not because she came back in.

I think in this case it wouldn't make me mad because so many of the earlier evictions were determined by the BS twist and so many of the intolerable players are still in. But I think it's more likely the jury will have some input on the competitions.

11. Danny99

I won't miss Jessie, mainly because she was such a non-entity until her last 72 hours in the house.

I know I've said alot about Andy being a stereotype, but he is playing the kind of game I would be playing: have both sides consider you a friend and pick a neutral target. The only thing I would do is try and stoke the fire between the two sides a little more.

It'll be interesting to see who Aaryn decides to put up. Does she put all her chips in with the 3am alliance (don't these people realize a named alliance used spells doom for it's members) and put up Helen and Elissa (I am rooting for this) or does she play it safe and put up Gina Marie and the perma-pawn Spencer. In my opinion, she'd be smart to get Helen and Elissa out and then take the rest of the house on a crusade to break up McCrae and Amanda. By removing those threats, well Helen is a threat, Elissa and Aaryn just don't get along, she'll still have Spencer, Andy, Gina Marie, and possibly the Revive-A-Hamster to make a run at the power couple.

Speaking of Revive-A-Hamster, I hate it and always have. You may love a houseguest that's been evicted, but they have been bested and eliminated. It's a speedbump that throws off the game because the HOH is almost obiligated to put that person up and eliminate them again. But since we are going to be forced to watch this, at least bring Judd back. I couldn't stand Candice and Jessie was meh. I think the only reason this isn't America's vote is because they know it will be unamious for Judd to return.

And my newest prediction: Aaryn will make it to the final two.

12. JirinPanthosa

I missed the episode, how is it decided who comes back in? If it's an America vote, then WB JUDD!

Aryan won again?! Ugh. I hope you're wrong she makes the final two, against certain people she might actually have a chance to get the vote. People like her don't deserve to be given free money.

13. Spot's Meow

I agree that Aaryn will go far. No one's going after her right now. And I think the reason she won't nominate GinaMarie this week (or possibly ever) is that she sees GM as her one guaranteed jury vote in the end. She's even said this. She wants GM gone and is annoyed by her, but doesn't want to be the one to piss her off.

I haven't been watching feeds for the past week, I just haven't felt any motivation to watch the remaining houseguests. But if I had to guess, I would say that Amanda and McCrae want Helen out this week. And Amanda has controlled every other HOH, so why would this one be any different? Unless Helen wins veto, I think she might be going home.

The evicted houseguests will compete to come back in the house. It will be between Candice, Judd, Jessie, and whoever leaves this week. I'm sure you can guess that I'm rooting for Judd, but at this point I'm not really caring about the end of the season much. Though, if Helen does leave and Judd comes back in, he might have a fighting chance, because Andy, McCrae, Aaryn, and Spencer all had good relationships with him. It was really Amanda and Helen that wanted him gone so badly, with Elissa tagging along (she doesn't seem to do much thinking for herself). Aaryn, Andy, GM, and even Elissa must be realizing that Amanda needs to go very soon. And Spencer has always wanted her gone.

The thing about Helen is that she is extremely patronizing and smugly chipper. She acts like she is the "sweet mom," but she consistently talks negatively about her own alliance members. She doesn't outright insult them, but makes the back-handed comments and belittles them to others. And, similarly to Amanda, when she gets it into her head that she doesn't like someone, she is relentless at making sure everyone knows how terrible they are and how they need to go home now. That's what she did to Judd. She was so nice to him but really seemed to hate him in the days before he left.

But who knows. Maybe these people are all really sheep and think they can somehow make it to the end with Amanda. And maybe Judd won't come back.

14. Danny99

With a layoff coming at work, I have had a lot of spare time on my hands, so I went back through all the seasons and chose a male and a female houseguest for a theoretical All-Star season. These are choices I'd make and I really tried to stay away from the over saturated choices (Janelle, Jeff, Jordan, Kaysar, Will, Boogie, Dan). Feel free to agree or disagree:

Season 1 - Eddie & Jordan
    Eddie is hands down my favorite winner. He really didn't give two shits about what anyone thought of him and managed to pull it out despite being nominated for banishment (remember that kids?) the majority of the weeks. Jordan got sucked into that stupid love triangle story line with Josh and Brittany (and sometimes Jamie too). I'd love to see what she could do free of that.

Season 2 - Hardy & Sheryl
    Hardy dominated this season from a physical standpoint, but trusted Will to save him over Nicole in one of the stupidest game moves of the earlier seasons. Would he pull a Colby and do it again? Sheryl is here because she got screwed over, plain and simple. She was the casualty of war and never saw it coming nor was it fair to her.

Season 3 - Roddy & Danielle
    Roddy spent this season being dragged down by crazy Chiara, but played a strong game that could have flew under the radar if it wasn't for her. He was always one of the most impeccably dressed houseguests as well. Danielle is here as the only decent female in this cast. She should've trounced Lisa in the final, but people were too hurt by her comments in diary that, if she was in a later season, no one would've saw in jury.

Season 4 - Jack & Michelle
    Jack is one of my all time favorite houseguests. He was witty and only lost because he chose Erika to align with. Michelle is this season's Sheryl. She would've last a lot longer if there wasn't already two sides vying for control of the house and she wasn't home to either of them.

Season 5 - Marvin & Nakomis
    Marvin is the original perma-pawn. He didn't give much of a care to what people thought of him either and was always chomping on a small cigar. Nakomis is the originator of the blindside (even when every person after has tried to take credit like it's the best thing since sliced bread). One of the games best strategic minds definitely needs to come back.

Season 6 - James & Sarah
    James was a target in both seasons he played in and would probably be again, but let's see what kind of game he could play when not being forced to be in a Janelle/Kaysar/Howie alliance. I remember screaming at the screen when Maggie mindfucked Howie into putting Sarah up. She deserves another go for being a victim of the pure stupidity of her own alliance.

Season 7 - No Picks From All Stars

Season 8 - Eric & Jen
    I think Eric's game got screwed over by America's player, which was stupid to begin with. Let him come back and play his own game. I had a hard time saying Jen, but lets see if her game is any different without Evel Dick over her shoulder.

Season 9 - Parker & Amanda
    Parker got screwed over by one of the dumbest twists ever (Til Death Do Us Part) being stuck with the loudmouth Jen, who already had her boyfriend in the house. He knew he was screwed from Day One. Give him a real shot this time. Amanda was not the most stellar houseguest, but she was cute and this was definitely a weak female season.

Season 10 - Brian & Keesha
    Brian was infamous for playing too hard, too quick. Does he learn his lesson? Keesha is here because the rest of the female cast was just so poor. Come to think of it, this cast was dreadful. No wonder Dan won.

Season 11 - Kevin & Laura
    Kevin made it to the final three but was stuck with Natalie and Lydia the entire time in the Jessie club. Lets see what he can do on his own. Laura got run over in Ronnie's tyrannical HOH week.

Season 12 - Enzo & Britney
    Enzo is here for pure entertainment. The "Meow Meow" was one of the highlights of his season and gave us a reason not to gouge our eyes out with Rachel there. And yes Britney has been back before, but she is just hilarious.

Season 13 - Adam & Shelley
    Adam is the ultimate BB fan (giving him the nod over McCrae). He was there to have an awesome time and his DR's were always good. Shelley was given a raw deal when the Jeff and Jordan-ites called for her daughter to be murdered over betraying them. Let's give her another chance to play the game without all that.

Season 14 - Frank & Kara
    Frank was the target for this entire season and given another chance, could win a season. Kara was another victim of something she couldn't control, this time a "Screw Dan" alliance. Let her have a chance to actually play.

Let's see some other lists!

15. JirinPanthosa

This is a list of a full cast over all seasons, excluding anyone who's already played twice.

Men:

Ian (BB14)

One of the most likable players in BB history, managed to win through competition and alliance-intelligence even with Asperger's.

Jack (BB4)

Big Brother badly needs to have the same age dispersion as Survivor, and Jack's easily the best old guy the show's ever seen.

Jason (BB3)

If only to see the caption "Not virgin".

David (BB4)

He just happened to be the first casualty of a split-house game, he was really likable and could have gone much father.

Lane (BB12)

Another 'Likable guy sucked into hatable alliance'.

Howard (BB15)

He would have fared better if it weren't for a crap twist that put him on the outs immediately.

Nick (BB15)

See Howard.

Ollie (BB10)

Thought he was a fun guy.

Women:

Jun (BB4)

The best player of her season, I'd like to see her not drawn into the ex-drama.

Maggie (BB6)

I thought she got a bad rap happening to be associated with the most hatable alliance in game history. In any other season she would have been likable.

Renny (BB10)

Another "More diverse age range" inclusion. She was fun.

Jenn (BB14)

Great to see a female player who didn't fit the mold in any way.

Michelle (BB11)

Another of those 'screwed by context' players. They decided at some point she was a horrible human being for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Lydia (BB11)

Another 'breaks the mold' pick. This show is usually so bad at casting women that the few who are different get in easy.

Lori (BB3)

She was one of my favorite at the start of the season and only lost because she happened to win a cash prize.

Cheryl (BB2)

I have to agree she was a victim of circumstance, and one of the few older people cast to the show.

16. Spot's Meow

I very much agree with the rest of your list, but not Frank and Kara. Kara was just boring as hell, had no personality on feeds or in DR. And I hated Frank with a passion, he was so arrogant, immature, and cocky. His week of pouting with Boogie really put me over the edge. Can't stand this guy. I don't think much of the BB14 cast was that great, but I guess I would have to choose Wil (for pure entertainment) and of course Jodi, who never had a chance!

17. JirinPanthosa

The only pick from his list I strongly disagree with is Eric.

He was one of the biggest 'I am morally superior to everybody trying to beat me' players in history despite the America's player twist, and he was generally one of the (Majority of) flamingly judgmental asses.

If it were up to me, any player who has ever said "Man those people in the other alliance are EVIL HORRIBLE PEOPLE" should be barred from coming back a second time permanently. That is the one thing that will instantly turn me against any player.

18. Spot's Meow

I agree, that mentality can be frustrating. It's the "we're the good people and America wants us to win" frame of mind. What's so tough about this season is that they are almost all like that. The ones who weren't are now gone. Even Andy and Helen engage in this mentality. Aaryn, GM, and Amanda are the worst offenders. I would say the only ones left who don't really do this are McCrae and Spencer, two guys who I always forget are in the house because they blend in so well at the moment (which is great for their games).

What's funny is that so many of these HGs believe that America loves them. Even Aaryn, who knows that her racism has been discussed in the DR, thinks that America is clearly on her side and sees how "evil" Elissa and then Candice were. She thinks that people are rooting for her because they see how she was wrongly accused of racism and how disgusting it was that Candice labeled her that way. And Amanda should know better, because she very much plays into the villain role in the DR, yet she and Andy are "100% certain" that America is rooting for them. Amanda even cries to McCrae about how sad she would be if she were being portrayed as a mean or bitchy girl controlling things...

I think some of these people will be in for a shock once they leave the house!

19. JirinPanthosa

Just looked at Wikipedia.

YESSSS!!!!!!!

Finally we'll see Amanda and McRae on the block.

20. Spot's Meow

I am happy with how this week is turning out so far. I wanted to Judd to return, so I was glad that happened. Although I'm not a huge Elissa fan, I don't really care for her either way, I was glad she won because I knew she wouldn't fall under the spell of Amanda.

Spoiler.....

The veto is won by Amanda. So while many in the house toyed with the idea of her being the re-nom and voting her out this week, that obviously won't happen. Amanda used the veto on McCrae and Elissa put up Andy against Aaryn. Aaryn will be going home, which is perfectly fine by me. Of course now Aaryn's pouting about how she shouldn't have done what Amanda wanted, because it didn't pay off for her in the end. She told Amanda, "I wouldn't have done all of those things for you if I knew that you would choose Andy over me."

By the way, Amanda has NOT been dealing well with not getting her way. They tried to get Elissa to nominate GM next to Aaryn, so they could send home GM and keep the 3AM alliance intact, but Elissa didn't fall for it. But this pisses off Amanda big time, and she goes around the house acting a complete fool. And I know the word bully gets thrown around a lot in BB history, but she truly was a big bully to Elissa, in her face tormenting her to the point that Elissa was afraid to leave her HOH room.

Judd seems like a new player now that he's back. He is definitely against Amanda and McCrae, but is doing a good job of hiding that fact from them. It seems that his eyes have been opened about a lot of things now. But, he still seems to be trusting Andy. Spencer, Andy, Judd, and GM have made a new final four alliance, and say they will all go after Amanda/McCrae next week, but its very hard to tell how serious Andy is about the alliance. I think he will throw HOH so he doesn't have to make a choice.