artists' brains are different

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by varek, Apr 19, 2014.

1. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised that this is news. I thought that was long since known. Heck, I knew it from somewhere. Of course artists have increased neural matter in these areas because that is what they do repeatedly.

3. ebusinesstutor

ebusinesstutor Lieutenant Red Shirt

But do they taste any better? Can you escape the zombies by pointing to your friend and saying "Artist brain over there!"?

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We artists are the crème de la crème. We mustn't compare ourselves to other people - I have been saying that all along. Now that the evidence is concrete - and undeniable - everyone else will come onboard, with that ... finally!

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It took five thousand years for them to figure this out? All they needed to do was moderate an artists' forum for a year like I did.

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Huh... I thought his was a no-brainer. :shifty:

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I can't draw a straight line with a ruler...

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

You need to hold the ruler at its place while you do it.

9. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

I have tried to draw things, but I am not artistic. According to the right-brain/left-brain theory--with artists' being "right-brained"--I am left-brained. But, a book I read suggested that people like me could do a better job if we tried to draw objects from the bottom up (with the paper upside-down, I think). Amazingly, that seemed to work for me. At least, it was a vast improvement over my earlier attempts!

But, to me, the main point in this article is that whatever subject on which you choose to focus, the parts of your brain connected with that activity grow physically. I thought that was a revolutionary finding.

That is why I think the Universal Translator would enhance your Boca brain region, associated with speech, and could be developed in connection with it, somehow.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

publiusr, try drawing with a pencil instead of a ruler. :shifty: