Favorite Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Dec 25, 2010.

?

Favorite Christmas Special

1. The Christmas Invasion

8.3%
  2. The Runaway Bride

8.3%
  3. Voyage of the Damned

3.3%
  4. The Next Doctor

5.0%
  5. The End of Time

8.3%
  6. A Christmas Carol

66.7%
  1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

With the new Christmas special airing today, it's time for a new poll for your favorite. :)

2. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

WHERE DA POLL?

Probably End of Time is the only one I've really really enjoyed.

3. Chris3123

It's there now. The system goes ahead and submits the post when it sends you to set up the poll, so there's always a brief time where there's no poll.

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Tonight's just pips VOTD for me- though it's now pretty clear that if you're a female singing star offered a part in a DW Xmas special, don't expect a regular gig....

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Mmh, somehow, The End of Time isn't a real Christmas special for me. Also, what about part 2? If we count both parts, it would be my favourite on the list. Otherwise, it would be The Christmas Invasion.

6. Chris3123

My intention in regards to the poll was to count both parts together as a single story. But vote however you want.

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I voted for A Christmas Carol.

I thought it was the most "Christmasy" in tone, with a much more sweet and child-like tone the previous ones. The Doctor was suitably mysterious and goofy at the same time.

8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    A Christmas Carol for being the most in the spirit. However, Runaway Bride is a very close second. The abrasiveness of Donna is the perfect offset to Tennet's hyper-active Doctor.

9. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

The Christmas Invasion. Terrific introduction of Tennant.

10. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm, I think I'm seeing a trend developing in the voting.

A Christmas Carol for me, definately. Just edging out Christmas Invasion due to having at least 40% more Doctor. :)

While VOTD still holds steady at the bottom of my list.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  11. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

"A Christmas Carol," hands-down. A damned good story, with really spectacular performances from Smith, Gambon, and Katherine Jenkins. Plus, it gets mucho bonus points for actually feeling like a Christmas story rather than just being set at Christmas. :p

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Of those, "The Runaway Bride". The rest of them were disappoints to me for varying reasons. But I definitely liked Runaway Bride.

13. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted for A Christmas Carol, simply because, even though we had a weather controlling machine, giant sky sharks, a crashing (Galaxy-Class!) starship, and flying carriage ride, it still, somehow, someway, seemed less absurd, more toned-down, and had much more whimsy and fantasy than previous Christmas specials. At least the flying carriage ride had a previous explanation tied with other elements (one of them, of course, being the giant sky shark).

EXCELLENT point.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Bingo. This is exactly what I've been wanting from the Christmas specials since beginning but only just received.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

"A Christmas Carol" by a fair amount. Second would have been "Voyage Of The Damned."

16. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

I voted for The Next Doctor. The Cybermen were cool, and Miss Hartigan was sexy.:drool:

17. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone has the right to their opinion, and I won't criticize anyone for their taste, but to be honest with everyone, The Next Doctor is the only Christmas special that made me literally fall asleep. From what I was told, even the giant Cyberking wasn't enough to wake me up, apparently.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I voted for "Voyage of the Damned" as my favorite with "The Christmas Invasion" a very close second. As someone said earlier, the perfect introduction to David Tennant. I'd also rank "The Runaway Bride" before "A Christmas Carol".

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRSFwMqKIu8[/yt]

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That quote was brilliant. Astrid's reaction to it is awesome. I would have liked to have seen her travel with the Doctor just once. I think she would have been an excellent companion.