The Mirror Universe in Star Trek XIII?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by mymatty, Oct 10, 2013.

?

The Mirror Universe in Star Trek XIII?

1. I hope so.

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. I hope not.

44 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Assuming they're just making it up as they go along, they don't "know" anything. They're telling a fairytale, nothing more. It could be anything. It's no more far-fetched than, say, the existence of "Earth Prime" in DC Comics, which was basically a copy of our own Earth where most DC characters were fictional comic heroes.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then they're imaginations are remarkably accurate to reality.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

^ In an infinite multiverse? Anything is possible. ;)

4. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forgive me, I mean no offense, but the only thing I feel when I read that is "Ugh, the improbabilities made me throw up in my mouth."

:lol:

5. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't want the Mirror Universe in the next film because I love it and it has an awesome potential. Don't waste it early.

It's too big of a leap to just do out of the blue in the third film. It's a story that needs to be set in world you're familiar with. Let's get to know what these incarnations of the characters are up to, and then pop to their mirror universe counterparts. It's also too amazing, let the Star Trek regular universe exhaust its own amazingness first. If you want a MU story right now, you'd get a better one if it is about a MU of Earth's present (without an explicit link to Star Trek) than of another Star Trek MU story.

Scratch that, we desperately need the new film to be about Harry Mudd selling whales to the Mirror Borg with a help of a time-travelling Dr. Watson. I won't lie if I say I would watch it with a grin.

6. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

No, please not!! In a TV show, with over a hundred episodes, the odd time travel, comedy or mirror universe episodes are okay and can provide some interesting variation. But since the "Abramsverse" entirely consists of (then) three movies, don´t devote one of them (an entire third of the re-imagined universe!) to a mirror universe story. I´d much rather have some more character development and some space exploration.

Mario

7. Tim Walker

Tim Walker Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the Mirror Universe, the alternate Quark suggested the idea of an escape route into the prime universe. (Similar to escaped slaves making their way north across the United States). Perhaps this would be feasible with an alternate Mirror Universe. Or perhaps warships from the collapsing Terran Empire could escape through the wormhole into the prime universe.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

There has never been a good mirror universe story.

Never.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't like "Mirror, Mirror"?

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I really don't.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

The only bad MU stories were the ones on DS9 that aren't called "Crossover."

12. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

With there build up on the Klingons as a threat that hasn't surfaced yet, I would think the next film would do a version of Errand of Mercy. With Kor as the main Klingon.

However the Mirror Universe has some oddly appealing possibilities. Instead of a NuMirror Universe, what if they blundered into the Prime Mirror Universe (with of course the Nuactors playing the mirror roles for consistency.) Image the crew of the two universes attempting to stumble through their opposites ships. The Mirror Kirk finding his counterpart's ship to be huge and took bright, while the NuKirk finds a smaller ship that is more colorful and blocky on the inside.

The NuTrek Enterprise being their version of the Constitution-class while the Mirror Universe is still using their own Defiant-class starships based on the Prime Universes Constitution-class.

13. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As log as they put Chekov in the agony booth, I'm good with it.

14. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

if true, there goes any hope I had for a decent 3rd film.

15. xavier

xavier Commander

A 2 hour film might be little time to explore the mirror universe.

16. The Wormhole

The comics have already done the Klingon war storyline, and have even featured Kor, who got killed. War with the Klingons won't be done in the movies, Kor won't be in the movies.

17. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

the comics are canon?

18. The Wormhole

No, but Orci signs off on everything the comics do to make sure they don't do stories planned for the movies. If something is done in the comics, it's because there are no plans to do that story in the movies. Otherwise, Orci would have told IDW no and made them do another story.

19. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Was that before or after Into Darkness?

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Nah, I think I'd prefer a nuMU. I'd love to see what that universe's version of the Abramsprise would look like.