Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Salinga, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

^^^They hardly ever go against the customer---right or wrong---they're pretty good.

2. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've had the same experience with Amazon, where the price of something went down not long after purchase. They pulled the same thing on me - first it's sorry, nothing we can do, we won't refund the difference; but if you don't accept that and press a little more, you'll get a "credit" for the amount in dispute toward another purchase.

Must be on their script. First goal is to keep your money; second is to keep your business. It's rather obvious.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every line spoken by Gosheven (the chief heavy) was overdubbed - with a different actor's voice, IIRC.. I don't know why they did that.

4. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The story goes that either the actor wasn't happy with his performance or producers felt he sounded too much like John Wayne, so it was dubbed. As a result, the actor asked that he go uncredited.

5. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I simply contacted Amazon, and they adjusted no issues.

When I politely raise an issue with Amazon, they are always quick to resolve the issue.

Just be polite and inquiring, and everything is fine.

I've yet to have an issue that wasn't resolved quickly.

6. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Amazon has always been good to me. Two months back, I bought a book from Amazon UK, and a month later, it hadn't arrived. I chatted with an agent, and they sent out another copy with no hassle.

It's nice that they are the #1 retailer, but don't take their customers for granted.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The Survivors has aged very well.

8. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Does Amazon price-match against print ads (like the Target deal)?

9. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Flicked through a few episodes so far, the quality of the remastering is staggering!

10. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

The actor who played Goshaven did the majority of his lines right next to the water pumping station. The sound of the running water was found to be too loud and they had to dub over all his lines with a different actor because the original actor was not available.

11. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Definitely one of the best episodes of Season 3 and one of the best in the series imho. Its a great scifi story with an excellent ending. Its definitely a 5-star ep for me.

12. BillJ

Out of the five episodes on the first disc, I only found The Survivors watchable. Though all the episodes looked spectacular.

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I love Evolution for many reasons...the character bits, both with the guest actor and Wesley. The treatment of both an alien species and an artificial intelligence (this episode gets 5 stars simply for there being no Kirk to talk the AI to death). The indroduction to the masses of nanotechnology. The use of baseball metaphors. The wonderful music and FX. There really is nowhere this episode goes wrong.

RAMA

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the idea of the nanites, but it didn't feel like much was really done with it. They cause a bit of havoc on the ship, they attack the scientist, and then after he gives a quick apology they're gone.

It also seemed like a stretch that a couple of Wesley's escaped nanites could take control of the ship and develop an intelligence in a matter of hours. Yeah I know he's supposed to be a genius and all, but come on.

15. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

So I've got up to "The Enemy" and Wow! is all I can say. The remastering is incredible. The live action looks amazing. It's truly staggering how cinematic the show looks now with improved contrast and colouring. Almost looks as though it was produced today!

16. Grant

UNTRUE.

The dispute reached the point where the actor declined taking credit for the role---that didn't happen because they dubbed a few lines because of background noise.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't gotten to watching the episodes yet (Finished the Borg special feature today, which is pretty much what we saw in the theater) but the only thing I remember loving in Evolution was all the Baseball scenes. You could tell Michael Piller had his hands all over that one.

18. BillJ

Noticing weird audio "muffling" in The Best of Both Worlds disc. Audio will be loud and clear then all of a sudden it would be really tough to hear in certain scenes, especially near the end of part one.

19. Grant

:censored:

20. Trekfan76137

Trekfan76137 Ensign Newbie

I've seen it. Its test footage of the movie era Enterprise because they hadn't designed the Galaxy-class ship yet. Its interesting, and impressive for the day, but they made the right decision in going with physical models.