Trivia: Death in the Tardis

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Tom, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

So I was watching a certain classic Doctor Who story yesterday and it got me thinking, how many have died inside the Tardis?

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Inside the TARDIS? Just the incarnations of the Doctor, I believe. Plus A few Cybermen, I think. I can't think of anyone else, though?

3. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

can you name and humans who have?

4. Sindatur

No, I can't. Adric was a TARDIS Traveller, but, he died outside the TARDIS. Not sure about Katarina, I've never sat through the Recon of Daleks Master Plan

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Not Adric but you are close. I only brought it up because I was thinking besides the monster of the week was there any other humans (not necessarily earthlings) who have died in the Tardis.

6. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Russell at the end of "Attack of the Cybermen" part one.

Grace and Chang Lee in the TVM.

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

One of the Van Baalen brothers died in "Journey to the Center of the Tardis," before the reset button was hit.

8. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some of the human troopers - and Professor Kyle - in Earthshock; Russell in Attack of the Cybermen, as mentioned; at least one Sontaran in Invasion of Time (possibly a special case, as he's zapped with a forbidden Time Lord weapon; the at least one is because there's one other Sontaran who came aboard who's never seen to leave or be killed. It's been speculated that he's still wandering around in there...).
    And as mentioned, Grace and Chang Lee in the TV movie, but they then get resurrected by the temporal orbit.

9. Sindatur

Grace and Chang Lee don't count, they didn't stay dead.

Russel in Attack of The Cybermen, yea, forgot about him

Oooh, yea, the Van Balaan brother, I wasn't thinking of NuWho :alienblush:

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Professor Kyle was the one I was thinking about after watching Earthshock, the troopers died outside of the Tardis. The doctor kills the Cyberleader (pretty over zealously I might add) and Nyssa kills the other Cyberman after. So much for Temporal Grace! Yeah I would say reset button deaths don't count.

11. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

There's that Dalek in The Parting of the Ways. And the Master in the TVM.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The Master didn't stay dead either.

13. Sindatur

Yea, but, like The Doctors I mentioned, that Master incarnation did stay dead (At least to our knowledge)

14. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Romana probably regenerated in the TARDIS. Not sure if that counts.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

She died in a spaceship's airlock. There's surviving footage of the moments leading up to it, and it's a very powerful scene.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

There was also a Sontaran trooper that was dematted in The Invasion Of Time.

17. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't forget "Nephew", the Ood in The Doctor's Wife. For that matter, House was another casualty by virtue of being forced out of the TARDIS.

18. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Technically Idris' body died in the TARDIS, though her consciousness was already gone, replaced by the TARDIS consciousness. Presumeably when the TARDIS consciousness got back where it was meant to be it just zapped the body away, as it just vanished.

19. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

Don't think any companions died in the tardis but there are a few times when the doctor regenerationed(died in the tardis, they will be the 1st doctor(the 10th planet)the 5th doctor(the caves of androzani),the sixth doctor(time and the rani)ninth doctor(the parting of the ways)the tenth doctor(the end of time) and of the the 11th.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

We didn't necessarily see the Second Doctor's regeneration, and the first time we saw the Third, he came out of the TARDIS. So he could have regenerated there. The Third regenerated just a few meters away from the TARDIS. The Fourth and Seventh were within a few kilometers of it. (Perhaps the Seventh's distance from the TARDIS when he "died" was the reason his regeneration into the Eighth was so delayed.) We don't yet know how the Eighth (or the "Hurt Doctor") regenerated, nor do we know how or where it will happen for the Eleventh.