The Dashcam Chronicles

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tiberius Jim, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

You're a disappointment to your father and your mother needs to run some errands.

2. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

at this time of day? don't be foolish! they're both setting up a sex swing in the underwater sauna :P

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

You're black too.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Jeez, I realize you're from Kansas, but I thought even you knew racist insults weren't acceptable anymore.

:rolleyes:

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[​IMG]

Ah, the old "I am rubber, you are glue..." gambit. Well played, sir. I'm left speechless by the quality of your argument.

6. Trekker4747

Please tell me you're joking.

7. Robert Maxwell

I was. ;)

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Presumably, you're talking about the series of threads that your posting history shows you've posted in HUNDREDS of times? In fact, you STARTED one of them, didn't you? :rofl:

Come on, man. Can't even say that backfired on you, as pretty sure you had to be aiming at yourself, no?

All well and good unless it's not going your way, in which case they're all jerks? At least be consistent.

Why are you determined to jump on this particular bonfire, anyway? You're aware that this wasn't your thread, and isn't about you, no matter how much you want it to be? As little as I understand Flux's rationale for bringing it up again every time it dies down, I get your insistence on trying to make it about YOU even less...

9. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

funny that was my reaction to

10. Trekker4747

I never claimed to be innocent, however, as I said, I can see the point in them to talk about/point out the regular trouble-posters either "there" or out here. Then there's, "Oh, look, someone we kind of don't like posted a thread about something silly. Gang-up on him!"

Someone posting about their usual hatred towards Abram's Trek or post-TOS, trek, or some other nonsense? Sure. Someone continually posting nonsensical stuff about alien lizards and Rube Goldberg Perpetual Motion machines? Sure.

Someone posts a thread about dash-cam videos? Seriously?! THAT'S who you're going to call out and harp on?

Everyone around here is turning into a bunch of annoying, self-important, self-involved, self-loving, twats. This place is quickly filling up with assholes who just want to go around and continue to be assholes for the sake of being an asshole.

11. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Phsyician, heal thyself.

12. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

you realise you're covering yourself in that statement, right?

also you should probably clarify that 'black' remark from earlier.

13. Robert Maxwell

Virtually every thread you create regarding some event in your life is predicated on the assumption that you are, in fact, innocent of any wrongdoing in a situation.

You ever think about why some people aren't well-liked? It's not like it happens for no reason. There is no God of TrekBBS declaring one person or another a heretic that must be burned at every opportunity. We all develop opinions of other posters by reading their posts over time and forming a clearer picture of that person, as an individual. That is, assuming the individual is worth caring about and makes enough of an impression to cause a strong opinion one way or the other.

None of which actually matters to real life. They're just distractions.

Well, yeah. Because his actions are potentially dangerous to actual people, driving on the road. Almost everyone in this thread noticed Flux's overly aggressive driving style. Whether that's a consequence of knowing there is a camera rolling, or it's just how Flux normally, uh, rolls, I don't know. Either way, it illustrates that he's a menace to others on the road. You might feel some kinship with him on that point, but don't expect the rest of us to.

That's the nicest thing anyone's said about me today. Thank you. :luvlove:

If you want to bring down the asshole quotient around here, I can think of a good person to start with. (No, not me. I mean, yes, me, but I wasn't talking about me, specifically.)

It's weird how you are getting all defensive about a situation that doesn't involve you, though. Is it, again, because you identify with Flux's driving habits? That's not something I would brag about, if I were you.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

What's the matter, Trekker? Was the conversation not about you for five minutes so you had to bring it back around to your favorite subject? You were an active participant in those threads. You started some of those threads. And now, in typical Trekker fashion, you play the victim when you don't like how the threads have gone.

What's funny is, you two are trying to make it look like there's some sinister commentary going on behind the scenes when there's not. The one thing that was said is that Flux seems to be a masochist with the way he dredged this thread up from oblivion to post about another YouTuber and say "see, this guy's worse than me." Which would be funny considering you're now complaining about comments being made behind people's backs if you guys were able to see your own faults for even a second. How is that comment any different than what was said to him directly in this thread?

We all know you both read and occasionally post in that thread, so trying to portray it as going behind your back is a BS attempt at playing the victim for other people who don't know any better out here. It's pathetic.

And since you can't seem to shut up about TNZ after I told you to, we're done here. I'm not letting you martyr yourself any more. If you want to actually talk to anyone, quit being a coward and come talk to us instead of making up lies and exaggerations about what's going on behind the scenes to portray yourself as the victim.

This thread has completely left the topic anyway and just devolved into insults (which I'm guilty of as well), so there's no longer any point to it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.