24 - Day 7: 10:00PM - 11:00PM: Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Mar 23, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Conner should just kiss their asses for even having him on a REAL network show..just keeping it real...

Rob

2. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, there is such a thing as the human immune system, which is one of the many reasons why bioweapons are a crapshoot. It's also possible that Starkwood designed their weapon to be used on the battlefield, rather than as a weapon of terror, in which case they would have gone with something that is incapacitating but not deadly. The big idea behind using bioweapons isn't to kill huge numbers so much as it is to make the enemy so sick that none of them can fight back. Assuming that they originally wanted it to pacify urban areas to make it easier to get to insurgents, a less-lethal bioweapon makes sense. Puking civilians can be a mild PR hit. Dead civilians, substantially worse.

3. apostle83

apostle83 Admiral Admiral

As I watched 24 last night with Jack Bauer on my lap, I could not help but laugh at the "bio-weapon." It's going to be designed to kill people. Blackwater would never get backed into a corner like that without a lethal option to blackmail with.

4. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was that a shot of Kim in the pre-veiw for next week?
    at least the clock wasn't silent after Jack was exposed?

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tuned in at random just for the heck of it and I was glad I did. It's not hard to figure out what's happened in the past 4-5 episodes I bailed on - Jack's still chasing terrorists (the boring Africans being thankfully out of the way, Angelina's pappy is so much better!), the FBI wuss is still trying to poop Jack's party, and the White House is a festering nest of viperous vipers.

I would have been very sad to have missed Jack sticking a gun in Trip Tucker's face! :rommie:

Nice of Jack to save Trip at the expense of Tony's life, probably. But hey Tony's a survivor and possibly is unkillable like on Heroes? :p

Anyone else scream "REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE MASON?!?" at the teevee when Jack started poking around in the truck?

What happened to Chloe and Rhys Coiro? They need to get them back in the mix.

6. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

And Chloe still doesn't know what happened to Bill. (At least it's not been shown on camera).

--Ted

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Isn't Chloe's absence something to do with Mary Lynn Rajskub being pregnant ?

8. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was plainly obvious from the second he appeared on screen that he wasn't going to die. Firstly, they were never going to hire Trineer to be a redshirt for 20 minutes. Secondly, they were laying on the "dedicated family man" angle way too thick, and it would have been way too obvious and cheap to kill him after that. It was plain as day that Jack, after losing so many innocent lives today, was going to go out of his way to save Carl.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Jack would have ceased have any kind of credibility for me if he'd allowed Trip to die. He promised that he'd have Trip's back. He made a similar promise earlier this season and was prevented from keeping it.

This time, however, it was a choice between firing or not firing.

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yes. I think Morris might be back for a few more episodes to take her place.