Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

My husband and I rode that train. Loved Copenhagen and Malmö.

2. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Awww I've been here since May 2000. I wish in that time I had taken the chance to post more and develop some nice bonds through here. Ah well. :)

May 2000 and I'm still a fleet captain. Sheesh.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^You're not a million posts away from a promotion to Commodore. But then again I've been at my rank for quite a while.

4. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Member since April 28th, 2003. I am a 10-year vet with 21,206 posts and counting.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

10 years that would make you a newbie then. :p

6. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Compared to some I suppose I am, yes. :)

7. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Rode the purple trains between Lund and Malmo, visited a friend in Lund back then.

I don't think I'll be around any fora much longer.

8. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re-registered 10 years ago. Been here 13 years off and on. Been MIA for the last year. A Big HELLO to H (Santaman) and Auri! Hey Bonz, just moved to Clearwater, will have to look you up whenever we get over to the East Side.

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Clearwater's a good place. One of my dearest friends lives in that area.

10. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Ah, too late. We just moved up to North Carolina in April.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Awwww, I didn't know you cared.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well then I guess we should say welcome back.

13. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I could have sworn i reg on this board roundabout 1999 when i first got the internet to read stuff about Star Trek Voyager, and i am sure i also posted stuff and used the gaming forum a lot, but my date says December 2002.

Either i am going mad, or i have gone mad.:drool::lol:

14. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

I think that some older accounts were deleted at some point? I seem to remember my original account being deleted at some point (along with other users and posts) and I had to register again with a new one?

15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, i seem to remember something about moving the board and a message appearing when you logged in, or something like that way back, but i was so new to the internet i think i dismissed it as not for me or i really had no idea what it was all about.

The internet seemed so much more complicated way back then.:lol:

16. cooleddie74

I've had the exact same Trek BBS account since the afternoon I first joined back in the spring of '01. If there were original, old school accounts deleted at some point back in the day it either happened during at some point before I joined the board or it didn't affect me. I don't remember older accounts being purged nearly as vividly as the Great Crash of 2002 that laid waste to the old database and caused the irretrievable loss of about four months' worth of posts and accounts from that time.

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Perhaps the Great Crash did case a few accunts to be deleted, but I suspect that, that would only apply to accounts created within that 4 month period as there would be no back-up of them to restore.

18. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey Eddie, long time. LOVING it so far.

Nice T'Babe. See how ya are. Move all the way down here to be closer and you up and leave. :p Hope N.C. is treating you well, and hope the family is doing good.

Thanks, I'll try and drop in a little more often now.

It all happened at the end of the "Troll Wars" somewhere around '01-'02. TNZ was train wreck and there were 'Multiples' galore. I don't recall anything official ever being stated, but when I took break over Christmas in '02, my original account had poofed by the time I came. People serious about posting on TBBS re-registered, but most of the Trolls started their own board.

You probably weren't hanging out much in TNZ yet. The "Crash" was bad. The Purge was worse. Due to it, I didn't really venture back into TNZ until about two years ago IIRC. The Troll Wars were an Ugly, Ugly time around here. But that's all ancient history, and then along came Bonz to keep the ship righted. :devil: :techman: :beer:

19. Evil Robert

Evil Robert Admiral Admiral

T'Bonz is now a Tarheel?!?!?! ;)

20. cooleddie74

I didn't become a regular in TNZ until well after 2002. Back then I mainly hung out and posted in the Trek series and movie forums and heavily in the Enterprise threads. I was generally nonpolitical during my earliest days on the board but gradually drifted over to posting in more and more politically-themed threads as time passed.

I remember the Purge, too. The Troll Wars were something I was only on the periphery of due to my posting habits at that time but I saw a lot of the mess those idiots created and remember some of the details. For all the complaining that folks do these days about trolls, spambots and other troublemakers a lot of them weren't here or don't remember what the board could be like back then.

To paraphrase a fellow poster: today's breed of trolls can't hold a candle to the old ones. Those guys were ninja masters of troublemaking. The new ones barely last a couple of days before getting banned.