SMALLVILLE Winter Hiatus Thread *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmmm.

I do believe you, but i remember that kara knew is "Human" Disguise by sight which probably that means that it was actually a Kryptonian disguise which might mean that Jor-El wasn't supposed to/allowed to hang out with Martians or maybe any aliens at all?

If Krypton wasn't gone, I'd almost think that slavery was involved, perhaps after Mars was conquered, but then there be some AI goad in the back of his head waiting to unleash pain at the first sight of disloyalty... His martian powers could just be from cross breeding mmartian and Kryptonians which is a typical way of creating loyaty in a dominated civilization by assimilating the next generation.

Of course if Mars was ruled by Supermen from Kryption and Martian krptonian Hybrids, exactly how then did Mars die by accident? They had to destroy their world to kick the kryptonians off which is a fair enough disinecentive to leave Earth alone perhaps? But then how alone was Earth really left?

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Procutus might want to take a seat

For any Smallville fans in the NYC area, you can catch Allison Mack performing off Broadway in a play called Apple Cove, through Sunday.

http://www.womensproject.org/on_our_stage.htm

Allison just tweeted this tonight.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Now I've got to find a way to get to NYC this weekend.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That'd be awesome to attend.

5. Samurai8472

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm

I was under the impression that they filmed of Finale Part 2 already...due to Rosey's appearance. :shrug:

Not sure how much of a difference this makes...Kevin Fair is good...but so was James Marshall.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

8. Admiral_Young

9. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So this is the absolute last season and they wasted time on an useless episode like last week's? *shakes head*

10. Admiral_Young

Yes this is the absolute last season, and yes they have wasted many episodes this season on fillers.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I don't think it is Tess if that is what you are saying. It just looks like stuff for Kent & Booster...pretty dumb promo. :sigh:

12. Admiral_Young

They didn't show anything worth watching in my opinion, except for the funeral scene. The only person to me that makes sense to have a funeral for is Tess.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It looked like something from the Alt-U...maybe Martha...thinking it is U-Oliver's funeral though.

If Tess ever dies...it won't be until the finale and I have to say she is safe in the Alt-U with U-Lionel in the regular world.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Blue Beetle dies all the time.

Max Lord capped another one last week.

Though it's probably not going to stick unless Giffen is trying to to get revenge on this Poochy imposter they put in place of his beetle finally.

15. Samurai8472

Well if you believe this comment

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-again-i-had-a-tear-in-my-eye-at-the-end.html

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Pretty much.

I am glad Tom stepped up...he has been the real hero here...I personally didn't care if MR came back. :shrug:

17. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I suspect the truth is a mixture of both accounts.

As disappointed as fans have been in the direction and execution
    of the show, thats is probably equally true of the cast.

Both John Schneider and Annette O'Toole have made comments after they left about how unhappy they were with the writing of their characters. It took a long awhile for either to come back.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The Smallville writing is horrible...the characters are all over the place and I really wish the show had ended in S7 after seeing how S8, S9 & S10 have turned out. I know we would have missed out on Tess...but she never had a chance anyway. :sigh:

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tom does everything possible to make the show as good as possible? That's a massive unintended backhanded compliment. :lol:

Never mind that any argument a fanboy tries to make is lost when "real fans" is thrown out there.

20. Admiral_Young

Miller and Gough did have a plan in place to end the show with season seven due to the strike but they got the strike resolved and came back with a shortened season. I recall I was pulling for the strike to be prolonged so we could see the series wrap up. I'm still curious to see what they had planned. The end would have tied into Veritas somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.