X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

People looking for reason to complain. :shrug:

I was just preemptively cutting it off in this case, that's all.

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

There is a "teaser" for the next trailer online, but I've tried to play it from two different sites. Both times it crashed firefox. Anyone have a youtube link for it?

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

The future is revisited throughout the comic. The ending of it takes place in the future.

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

If it's the same one they put on Facebook, then it's just clips from the first trailer, saying the new one will be out next week

5. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Ok.. thank you!!!

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Aw, you got my hopes up in a search for a new trailer.

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

sorry,, my hopes were up too.. we are overdue.. consideiring ASM2 has fifteen trailers so far!

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This isn't going to be a straight up adaption of the comic story. Singer and Kinberg have both stated that they used the comic story as the BASIS for their source material, so it will share several elements, but it will also further the story that began in "First Class" that Singer developed with Vaughn.

As mentioned before, I was under no impression that the entirety of the original cast would have major roles in the film, so I'm not too concerned that a couple roles have been reduced or cut.

The next trailer should be interesting since it should contain more action now that the reshoots and pick ups have been completed. Singer is currently doing ADR right now so this film should be getting locked pretty soon. We should get a track listing from John Ottman's score in the coming weeks as well, and will probably hear cues from it in the next trailer.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Maybe they're not trying to steal the light from the Captain, and Spiderman.

10. Ethros

Well if the basic plot is about them trying to prevent this "horrible future" then we at least need to see and spend a bit of time in said future to see why, and how it came about, and what's been going on post X3 for 'the gang'

11. Admiral_Young

^ No doubt we'll get that from the "Future sequences" that we've already been teased with in the previous trailer and from the few promotional items we've seen.

12. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can someone explain something to me? I have read very few comics, but I enjoy the comic-book movies, so all I know about the source is what I have read here. The post-credits scene of The Wolverine seemed to be a lead-in for this. The future segments of DoFP are set in what seems to be a pretty post-apocalyptic future, but scene from The Wolverine appeared to be pretty normal. Is there a time jump? How does that scene connect to the upcoming movie?

13. Admiral_Young

I believe the post credits sequence in "The Wolverine" takes place two years after the film's actual events (which take place a year or so after "The Last Stand"). "X-Men: Days of Future" future is probably a few years beyond that, I've seen fan speculation like 2022 or something like that. The past scenes in "Days" take place in 1973.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

FUCK YEAH!!!!! :beer:

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If true that is awesome news!

As for the future/present proportions, I've been assuming we'd probably spend about the first probably 10 or 15 minutes in the future, and then the rest would be mostly in the past with maybe a few couple minute scenes here or there in future. This is guessing based purely on how these kinds of time travel stories tend to work.

17. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Heck yea! I hope that it's true. He was a really cool Beast.

18. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Kelsey Grammer is the perfect choice for Beast.

I think they'll spend more than 15 minutes in the future. The trailer shows the mansion, some kind of castle, a prison, an older Iceman along with some new faces (that will need time introducing), and a church. Plus...
    Bishop has a vital role mid to near the end of the movie and Kitty gave a revelation at the end IIRC.

20. Ethros

I suppose they could do something like in the 90s cartoon version of DOFP, have "the traveler", explain to the people in the past what happens in the future while we the audience see for ourselves.
    ie. like Bishop does, 4:10-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_o6wv0DK0

Always found that bit pretty haunting as a kid. Great series.
    (esp the ending to that episode. "Because... it's been, magnatized!")

Ha, the only stupid thing about those episodes is "the modern" day X-Men is set in our modern day at the time, as it mentions its the 90s. I always found the graves of the X-Men part of the montage freaky as a kid, but if you look at the dates they died...
    Cyclops 2032
    Rogue 2033
    Storm 2021
    So if Cylcops was what, 30 in the show, he was still nearly 70 when he died! That's actually not that bad. Guess they don't treat you that bad in the Sentinel camps

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014