The Doctor's Teeth & Eye's in The Darkling

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Ro_Laren, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Last night, I was watching the Season 3 episode The Darkling. When I was watching the episode I kept thinking that I liked the Doctor's performance as the alter-ego Doctor, except for the fact that it looked like he was purposefully jutting his lower jaw out during each alter-ego scene. It was like he had an underbite or something and it annoyed me because I didn't understand why Picardo thought it made the alter-ego Doctor look scarier.

After the episode, I went on Memory Alpha's page on the Darkling episode and read the following:
    Did anyone ever know this? I didn't even notice that he wore contact lenses!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

"Darkling" should have been Star Trek's first werewolf episode!

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I noticed it about halfway through the episode. I thought it was very clever. I actually thought they'd built up his jawline too, so kudos on Picardo's jaw-jutting abilities.

4. Ro_Laren

It is kinda hard to tell. do you think he is wearing fake teeth and sticking out his bottom jaw??

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is very cool! I of course noticed nothing :D and would have put it all down to great acting (which is also true).

6. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

I noticed but never thought about it until you brought it up, which to me means that it was probably a pretty effective costuming strategy.

7. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a very contact-lensy episode, as Kes' boyfriend and his ilk also wore contacts to suggest their alieness. I thought the eye thing was overdone, all around, and came off as kind of cheap to me, honestly.

8. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Robert Picardo is great even as evil EMH~~! :D

9. Ro_Laren

I liked her boyfriend's eyes!

10. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, yeah? You liked his eyes ... well ... I don't know what to say to that, except that, as far as I'm concerned, this guy was Orlando Bloom, compared to Neelix! And although we didn't get to know the guy all that well, he seemed genuinely interested in Kes' welfare. And, until The Doctor swung him around and flung him down a sinkhole, he seemed to be a man doing well with a beautiful woman. Interestingly, his being hospitalized and on crutches, or whatever was enough to give Kes second thoughts about their relationship. Yet, she remained loyal to the Doctor, despite the fact that he tried to kill her in a murder-suicide, which would've been enough for me to burn my bridges with Voyager! But she didn't because, aside from being guileless and vunerable, she is also very forgiving. And ... the show needed more Kes. Much more than we got, I dare say ...

11. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I had noticed it in the episode, but I did not notice it to the extent that he had gone.

"Darkling" is one of Picardo's best episodes, before he turned into the holier than thou EMH in later seasons.

12. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed that his eyes were different, but not his teeth. Very cool! I'm not sure what to make of his affectionate talk of taking his old teeth prosthetics out of "the drawer" though. Cute in a creepy way. :lol: