Deep Space Watch

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by The_Beef, Aug 9, 2013.

1. The_Beef

The_Beef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This has been posted before, but I still can't see how this is tied to DS9 with the exception of the "Deep Space" randomly written on it. It doesn't look anything like the DS9 pylons.

3. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's art, so I guess it's a "loose" interpretation? The angle at 1:44 in this video is the closest I've seen to a vague resemblance to the station. I'd like to see an interview with the designer about the piece.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgAmQLU9Es[/yt]

4. Shatna

Shatna Grand Lord Admiral Admiral

The connection to DS9 is tenuous at best, but if you guys can make a relevant discussion out of it we'll keep the thread open. If it goes off in any other direction we'll say vamanos.

5. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

For a minute I thought the thread would be about this:

[​IMG]
    Mother in law got me one for Christmas last year. She was trying to be cute, she didn't realize I would wear it for a whole week afterwards. :lol:

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it and I can see what the designer is talking about. In fact the entire design gives me that DS9 feel. I like it, though its a bit too expensive and if I could afford to throw cash away at it I doubt I'd wear it. Probably just display it in my house.

7. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL...I could see my sister giving me a gift like this! And I would totally rock it!

8. The_Beef

The_Beef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just found the design interesting. It's obviously not supposed to be a direct replica, it just draws some from the shape of the pylons in making the minute and second "hands". If it weren't for the explicit mention of Deep Space Nine by the designers I wouldn't have mentioned it at all, but so far every article I've found has mentioned it in some capacity. If there's nothing more to discuss then so be it, just figured some in the community might find it interesting, and might like the opportunity to balk at the exorbitant price tag.