Patrick Stewart in "Lifeforce".

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TedShatner10, Apr 30, 2010.

1. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

A few years before Stewart made it big with The Next Generation, he had a supporting role in the B-movie schlockfest, Lifeforce (1985) a very weird, disjointed sci-fi horror movie (the type of dreck reviewed by Phelous).

It starred Spooks' Peter Firth, a SAS officer who's out to stop a evil space chick that goes around in the nude. She possesed Patrick Stewart's character, who is taken back to Whitehall in a British Army helicopter, and on the trip back you hear a violent farting sound and then the camera turns on a unconvincing plaster caste of Stewart's head that is spurting out loads of blood :guffaw: (you can see it on this TNG spoof edit).

It reminds me of David Warner's comedic plate glass decapitation in The Omen (1976) who was also in The Next Generation.

2. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Odd film, I seem to recall, although not necessarily bad. Still, it's years since I saw it.

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

According to Stewart, him kissing Steve Railsback was his first on-screen kiss with someone.

4. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm repeating a past post in another thread, but when it first ran on UK TV the announcer said over the end credits: 'Well, I didn't think the vampires were all bad. She definitely had a couple of good points.'

5. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just remember the naked chick walking around... Of course I was like 15 when that movie came out.

6. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't remember much about LIfeforce, which I saw 25 years ago, but I found your review very amusing!

I have to say that, when I saw The Omen on its first release, the decapitation scene was horrifying. It didn't seem comedic at all.

Doug

7. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I found Warner's demise in The Omen funny because of the ragdoll dummy and the fake looking head with a dumb facial expression doing multiple spins.

8. Epsilon-9

Epsilon-9 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

She was a lifeforce sucking bitch from which there is no escape from.:drool:

[​IMG]