Iron Man 2: Build up till release DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm... I didn't know that, or anything else about the Ultimate Universe. Over there, do Captain America and Fury ever clash over leadership of the superhero team? Samuel Jackson's Nick Fury may form the Avengers on film, but I can't see him bossing Cap, Iron Man and Thor around.

2. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

He's not really the leader of the Ultimates, he's the head of SHIELD; he's more like their supervisor.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's what I meant to imply, sorry about that. I haven't actually read any of The Ultimates, but I assume Ultimate Cap was still their actual leader on the field.

4. Tyjos Azari

Tyjos Azari Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm really excited for Iron Man 2.

Looks great!

It's Gotten me into the Invincble Iron Man Comic and Director of SHIELD Comics.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Maybe a Thor cameo or the camera pans up to reveal the icy tomb of Chris Evan's Captain America.

Nick Fury- We're going to need all the help we can get

*block of ice with Cap's shield

6. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Gwenyth Paltrow is nummerz.

7. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That she is. I think really, Iron Man was her best role so far. I never used to like her that much before Iron Man, but she just embodied the sassy, sexy cute Pepper Potts. I also really liked the "old time" feel the whole Stark/Potts relationship had. It reminded me so much of those old timey comedies like with Spencer Tracey and the girl actress du jour, where they'd have this witty repartee and fast back and forth. I mean even that whole exchange during Trailer 2 when they first show off Scar Jo as the "Notary"

"I want one."

Pepper gives a cute lip thing, "No."

Pure classic old Hollywood right there.

Although one thing that popped up during that one scene in that new clip trailer thingy... you see the limo that Happy usually drives racing the opposite direction of the other F1 cars... could it be... is that where HAPPY HOGAN saves the day?! I recall an old issue of Iron Man where Tony explains why he trusted Happy so much "When he pulled me from the burning wreck of my crashed Indy car I knew he could be trusted." or something like that.

If so... nice little nod to the source there, if its Happy that literally races to Tony's rescue with the Mark V suitcase

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Nick Fury is - as noted - head of SHIELD. through the first arc, Fury's basically putting together the Ultimates and trrying to get a recreation of the Captain America formula. They find and thaw out Cap and fight Hulk in New York. The second arc revolves around the Ultimates and SHIELD fighting off a Skrull invasion.

Ultimates 2 sees them getting involved in the Mid-East, despite the promises made that they were strictly for homeland defence against superhuman threats. the arc culminates in an invasion of America and the Ultimates leaving US government control. they set up as The Avengers at Stark's NY mansion. That's the state of play in Ultimates 3, which then leads into Ultimatum and many changes to the status quo.

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

11. captcalhoun

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's awesome if Bethany Cabe is in it...perhaps she'll get a more prominent role in Iron Man 3.

13. Captain Craig

IF, she is in it? IF?

14. CaptainCanada

As a matter of fact...

15. Bad Bishop

OK she's not playing Bethany. Maybe she's playing Janet Van Dyne.

16. CaptainCanada

I doubt that.

17. Bad Bishop

OK, maybe she's the water delivery girl. I can see Stark signing up for the service if the delivery person is pretty.

18. captcalhoun

I KNEW i'd seen somewhere BC wasn't in it!

19. Captain Craig

Well someone needs to update IMDB, even the article mentions that.
    Seems they missed opportunity then to include another character in Stark's repertoire of redheads.

20. Captain Craig

Are the billionaire superheroes headed for a switch at the top? Can Iron Man 2 overthrow The Dark Knight for opening weekend.