New Torchwood: A New World Details

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

OH COME ON!

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GIVE COCK A CHANCE!!!

And the institution of marriage is almost always more often than not violated by philandering freaking monosexuals playing divide and conquer when they're lonely and... ARRRRGH!

Poor Alonzo crying in his beer.

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

There was a connection between Jack & Gwen through the two seasons & miniseries.

It would make sense that Gwen could get Jack to come back to Earth, at least to me...especially now that she's not pregnant anymore.

4. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

The spoiler didn't actually specify a romantic connection. It could simply be that he's returning to help out a valued friend and compatriot.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I feel like Jack's actions at the end of "Children of Earth" are similar to the Doctor's in "The Waters of Mars." He crossed a line and needed to run away. He galavanted around the universe trying to distance himself from the consequences of what he'd done, but he can't only run for so long before it's time to face himself.

6. Guy Gardener

And then Rhys thumps him.

"Oi! That's my woman! Bugger off, besides, you're supposed to be A queer!"

We went through this with Andy.

Shit can't happen until Rhys gets shot in the face dead.

Remember in the second episode when he's teaching her to shoot?

Allegorically that was big sex.

They came every time a round left it's chamber.

It was stupid then, it is stupid now.

7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Gwen's affair with Owen was even stupider still.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Jack has never been a homosexual. He's not that picky.

9. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

Unrequited love seems to be a constant theme in RTD's Whoniverse.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Actually Gwen and Owen made sense, the whole need for intamcy with someone who knew what she was involved with, whilst Owen just wanted a shag! :)

I always thought they had some chemistry at least, I never felt anything between Jack and Gwen, it was one of those forced pairings, much like Archer/T'Pol.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

"unstated love" sounds romantic, but could just be BS.

Right, he's omni-sexual (anything that moves, any sex, any species, etc.)

Also, I just got enough experience points for Commodore.

12. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Just for the record, and apropos not much: I really don't care for the Jack/Gwen thing.

13. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I don't know, Jack starts liking some people before they open their mouths. Love is a buffet for him.

14. Guy Gardener

The old,and I do mean ancient, Joke is that Jack is a tri-sexual. He'll "try" anything once.

In the comics Buffy finally had feelings for Xander and she asks him to put aside his new girlfriend so that they could explore what they might have between them... And he replies something-like (from memory not a direct quote) "No, I don't believe you, 5 years ago I would have been over the moon but now? You're just insecure because I'm dating your sister and your world is falling apart (again) and lets just track this, you've slept your way through all manner of evil and monster, then turned gay and now you want me? lets just say that again: You came to me through gay. THROUGH GAY! If gay didn't work for you, wasn't odd enough for your strange and amazing appetites then maybe Xander is? No thanks."

Gwen and Jack.

Ditto.

It's just wrong.

I can understand that if your boyfriend dies that you might need soem time frakking without another penis in the bed, but then Barnie on How I met Your Mother said to Marshall afer lilly dumped him that the male brain can only hold a finite number of breasts in it's buffer, which is why he had to take Marshall down to the strip club to look at as many (thousand sets of) breasts as it takes until he couldn't remember what his now exgirlfriends boobies looked like any more.

I can only imagine the same is true for cock and the break up ritual, or should be.

15. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about the "unstated love for Gwen" angle, but sounds interesting otherwise. I really hope SPACE picks it up here.

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Good lord, yes. The episode where Jack teaches Gwen how to fire a gun? That whole sequence was dripping with UST. And Jack's dance with Gwen when she got married?

I've seriously entertained the thought that Jack and Gwen had an ongoing affair, and he Retconed her -- with her permission -- after every encounter. Gwen was only aware of it on a subconscious level, hence her UST with Jack, while Jack, being Jack, tried to keep up the appearance of professionalism.

But that's one of those ideas you can't do anything with, because it leads to all sorts of uncomfortable places.

17. Admiral_Young

Yep there was a thing between Jack and Gwen that was never explored or released, the gun scene mentioned by Alyn is a good example of it. There is a closeness between them throughout the entire series. In fact the last scene between them in Children of Earth when Gwen reaches out to Jack but he shrugs it off and transports off the planet was pretty telling of their friendship for one another and how much she thinks of them. I think RTD talks about this in one of the audio commentaries that there is an unrealized thing between the two of them. I found it odd that they phrased it as "unstated love" in the synopsis.

18. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Normally, I would say Gwen's too good for Rhys, but Rhys doesn't deserve to be cheated on, darnit!

19. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed, although Gwen's already cheated on Rhys lol. This is why I kind of cringed when I read that line. I really hope there isn't any kind of romantic angst stuff just because this is on an American cable network. Should also mention I had no problem with Gwen's affair with Owen as the two of them were attracted to each other and developed a friendship.

20. Guy Gardener

We don't know how much she cheated on him before the show started.

Besides really... Is cheating that awful?

My friends do it all the time.

They're rutting like mucking animals but they seem to be pleased with themselves.