Did Enterprise happen in this Star Trek's past?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Brent, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Care to elaborate? Feel free to share any inside info through descreet back channels if necessary... :)

2. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

^:rolleyes: Okay..Okay I think I get the hint, back to the topic at hand. Did Enterprise happen in J.J.'s Trek? Yes! Originaly I was going to say that ENTERPRISE didn't happen in the ''PRIME'' universe where Spock comes from, it only takes place in J.J.'s Verse, But then I rememberd ''TATV'':mad::angryrazz::brickwall: And the NX-O1 model ''NOW'' in the 'ENTERPRISE' lineage display case in NEMESIS, So apparently it does happen in ''BOTH'' Universes.:vulcan:

3. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the NX does appear in the Conference Lounge display case... There are six starships there and one of them must surely be the current Enterprise-E. Although a U.S.S. Archer does appear named in his honor, as part of the taskforce list in the Stellar Cartography scene...

As a side note, I loved how ENT returned the favour - using Valdore as the name of the Romulan Admiral in charge of the remote Drone marauder program in the Babel One trilogy.

4. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, good, then it's gone.

5. miraclefan

Are you sure? I coulda swore I saw a miniature NX-O1 in that display case:confused::wtf: If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I'm sure I saw it!? I geuss I''ll have to look again to be sure, Unless someone here already has a ''Screenshot'' of the sceene I'm talking about. Also I never noticed that about the ''Babel One'' arc!:lol: that's gotta be proff positive ENTERPRISE is indeed ''Canon''

6. miraclefan

Not if First Contact was the ''Prequal'' to this, NU-TREK ;) that would still make ENTERPRISE part of this movies history.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Ah, the memories.

8. Tyberius

Tyberius Commander Red Shirt

I plan on singing it during the opening credits. :)

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

For the first time ever... violence breaks out at a Star Trek movie. :guffaw:

10. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm still waiting for these glaring contradictions :devil:

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

^ During the time that Enterprise was on the air, Stewey held forth weekly in depth and in great detail upon those, I can assure you, to a degree which will likely never be surpassed by any mortal. Quite eloquent he was, but don't think that's quite what this thread or this forum are really about.

12. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)

Thank Goodness Saner Heads Prevail...(most of the time...)

By the time WE get through tearing this thing to shreds.... It Will...

(It'll be as much fun as stuffin' a really huge sausage into a Ity-Bity, Vee-Shaped Hole...:devil:)

...or not...

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's someone in BSG who is close (entire manifestos on why he hates such-and-such episode), but he doesn't do it on a daily/hourly basis like Stewey did.

14. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Oh Stewey, I really did miss you. Welcome back. :D

As the new movie takes place in an alternate universe, how do you feel about 'Enterprise' being in the past of this new universe, and not the past of the regular TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY one?

15. The Academic

The Academic Commander Red Shirt

Perfect! :techman: I absolutely like it! :techman:

No, really, it does make sense. Seen from a purely stylistical standpoint, a technological evolution between ENT and nuTrek seems to be much more logical, much more natural than a technological evolution between ENT and TOS. However, we don't know enough about the background story of nuTrek to be able to judge whether this evolution can also include history, politics, the Federation's society in general and such.

[Also, it gives all the ENT and nuTrek haters a valid argument why both incarnations of Star Trek can never be parts of the official canon and of the generally-accepted timeline.] ;)

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I think the NX-01 is left out of the NEMESIS display case for the sake of long-term display continuity...since the 1701-D wall sculptures and the first 1701-E case didn't show Archer's ship either. Just to avoid a lot of complaints and arguments about altered timelines changing little subtle details and the like. B&B just decided to keep the displays the way they had been since 1987 and the first season of TNG.

That said...I'm sure Earley would be too drunk to notice either way.

"Spaceships is for QUEERS and Satanists!"

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I believe I'm aware of the individual to whom you refer, but close? Meh. He's a piker, by comparison (and also outside the scope of this thread and this forum. ;) )

18. miraclefan

^:lol: Yep! that's sounds like Earley alright!:lol: But that ''would'' be coming from a squid who loves to watch ''SAW 2'' at thu Dollah Theata!:lol:

19. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome back dude.

In the new movie Porthos will be the only character that remembers the different time lines (sort of like Guinan).

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't forget about the ratings. Quality always correlates positively with audience size. ;)