Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abscent

Abscent Cadet Newbie

I would like a buddy key if anyone still has any available. Thank you.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Think so, I mail it to you as soon as I found it.

Edit: Sorry. You can't receive PMs. I tried sending you one.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. Abscent

Abscent Cadet Newbie

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Abscent, sent you one to try out. I wanna see if I can get a couple of these used, get myself that holographic BO maybe :)

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I've got a few more available, if anyone wants to try one before jumping in with a subscription...

6. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Where do I find these if I wanted to give one to somebody?

7. Timelord Victorious

Referal keys you can sent from your account on the sto homepage.
    Buddy keys come with your gamecopy.

The difference is a referal allows a player to play "indefinitely" but only flying around in Sirius sector block and playing the Azura mission.
    A buddy key allows complete game access but limited to 10 days.
    I'd say the buddy key is more interesting, as it allows your friend to explore more aspects of the game. If he isn't hooked after ten days it's not for him anyway ;)

I still got a buddy key left which I really like someone to use so i might eventually get the holographic boff.

8. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, the buddy keys came with my copy of the game that I bought from the store? Uh....where? My game came with the disc, the case, and the Instruction manual thingy, and that's it.

9. Timelord Victorious

Don't really know if every edition had them.
    If you need one and don't have them yourself I'm happy to hlp out there.

10. valmoric

valmoric Guest

Please guys i need a buddy code i really wanna try this game better then the demo ppl say its a kick ass game and other ppl say it suks if someone could email me a t ZxPrywolfxZ@yahoo.com i would love to have the buddy code and if you want post your char name and server:borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg::borg:

11. valmoric

valmoric Guest

\
    i would like to have that buddy key so i can try this game looks cool but i wanna be sure befor i buy

12. valmoric

valmoric Guest

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

invite sent, try it out :)

14. valmoric

valmoric Guest

15. valmoric

valmoric Guest

can you try resending it?

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sent it to prywolf@yahoo.com, like you suggested. You said either was fine, said the other might not work, and that one looked less spammy...

Can you check that email before I try resending? (check the spam folder maybe?) Don't wanna burn a buddy key if I don't have to, and if I put in another email, it thinks it's a new invite...

17. valmoric

valmoric Guest

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sorry, but how is your email 'screwing up'? It's a yahoo account, it either is accessible, or not. You have internet, and your other account is ALSO Yahoo, so what else is left? Other than fixing your password, what could be the problem? Since you implied your OTHER email might be screwed up, and you said to try the one I used, not sure what's going to be different.

Honestly, I don't want to burn another referral if you can't check for the first one (it DID go through, and i only get a few at a time). For a regular poster, sure, but you've never posted on this board other than to repeatedly ask for this, so...

19. Timelord Victorious

And that is the reason I don't send keys to Ensigns per E-Mail on this board. May suck for legitimite new members, but the keys are to valuable (for real buddies) to give away to potential fishing... people.
    Although I don't understand what those referal keys could possibly be exploited for.
    users of those keys can't use public game chat I believe and can only access space dock plus Azura.

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

well, i don't really know anyone IRL I'm going to refer, so using them here is fine, just not going to waste more than one on someone that's not participating here, plus can't even check their email when i DO send one to them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.