Cowboys & Aliens, the first trailer is here.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This was one I was waiting to see something on before making a decision. It's official, I want to see this.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/teaser-trailer-debut-cowboys-aliens/

I know there is little in the way of CGI here but everything looks great. Compared to the first Green Lantern trailer which at first blush has let me down.
    Seeing Harrison Ford in a cowboy hat vs a fedora is an interesting thing, to me at least cause I love Indy.

Very curious to see more now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've seen worse trailers; but if the entire movie is 'aliens show up, attack generic Old West town, are beaten by Daniel Craig's magic gizmo' it may not be a hell of a lot.

3. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know.

Tone-wise, this trailer does a much better job at relaying the basic plot of the trailer but in a cool, mysterious and enchanting way. I thought the visuals were cool for the Green Lantern trailer, but some of the editing was a little off.

Honestly, I thought Cowboys & Aliens was going to be a much lighter movie for some reason, but the darker and more ominous tone really works here. I'm pretty convinced.

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Done. I'm there.

5. Captain Craig

Apparently this trailer really only mostly reflects the first act of the movie.

Since I didn't know the tone of the comic I really did little to no research on this movie. Haven't followed its production and the like, thus wanting to be shown something first, then decide. It may be why I'm initially not enthused with GL, but I'm still holding out hope.
    I think C&A, just based on this trailer, could do well. I like Craig and Ford both. Both actors could use another franchise at this point. Besides its also another shamelss Indy/Bond pairing once again. :)

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if Craig and Ford meet the ancestors of Tom Cruise's character from "War of the Worlds"
    ;)

With THREE of the most influential producers and one decent director it makes you wonder who had the most influence

Grazer?
    Ron Howard?
    Spielberg?

I sort of wish that J.J Abrams had directed this movie but at least he paired up with Spielberg for "Super 8"

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Same here. I was surprised at how dark it was at the outset, Craig wiping out those outlaws, then it being revealed that he's a wanted man. With Favreau directing and RDJ originally due to star, I expected something more in the Iron Man vein.

Looks like a lot of fun all the same but I would have liked to see Ford in a lighter sort of role. So sick of the grumpy gurn of doom though I suppose his character is perhaps meant to be in the Gary Cooper mould. Which Harry suits.

It's funny, I remember an interview with Ford in a SW magazine years ago (pre ESB) where he said that Han Solo was basically John Wayne in space, as far as he was concerned. Indiana Jones also had a touch of the cowboy in his outfit (and the famous stunt from Raiders where he goes under the car is a variation of the stagecoach stunt seen in countless westerns) but until now, IIRC, the only western Ford has done is a comedy western called No Knife, where he had second billing to Gene Wilder (in the same interview, Ford called it the world's first Jewish western! Maybe he forgot about Blazing Saddles).

8. Captain Craig

No doubt there is a lot of seasoned talent behind the scenes, directing and in front of the cameras.

As the trailer unfolds across the net more and more keeps popping up. Here are a few stills now from the trailer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Along with an official synopsis

9. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This movie looks very interesting to me. And it has an original feel to it. Besides, it's got Ford in it, so i'm already sold. I've seen every movie of his, except Morning glory which i haven't gotten to theatre yet for.

10. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

The title alone gives me a good chuckle. Then they threw in James Bond and Indiana Jones. I'll be there.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That was more widely known as The Frisco Kid--a fun little movie, but fairly average.

I'm looking forward to Cowboys & Aliens. This might be a lot of fun.

12. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

This trailer actually looks really cool. I dig the somewhat serious tone. Of course, the premise is completely preposterous but it looks like Favreau might just make it work in a compelling way.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the trailer was really good and the visuals of the film were really well done. I couldn't help but think that Craig though looks like Bond in a Cowboy Hot and Harrison Ford looks great! I'm excited for this.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yes, I think NK was the European title; perhaps the Sisko kid (presumably on which the original title was a pun) wasn't felt to be well enough known over here.

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

From the title, I was expecting a really tongue in cheek tone. The serious tone surprised me, but didn't turn me off. I look forward to this one.

Any links to a higher res version, though?

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Does look good, and Craig, Ford and Wilde in one movie, that's awesome. But Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof and Favreau? Not really. :wtf:

17. Captain Craig

^^^
    So Grazer, Howard and Spielberg don't do anything to bolster that :wtf: that your giving off?

18. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Wow, cool... I'm in! :D

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually there is some kind of WGA problem with the writing credits on this movie I think...one of those cases where multiple writers have been asked to do rewrites and revisions. Ron Howard was originally slated to direct this and Robert Downey Jr. to star but he pulled out to film "Sherlock Holmes 2". I guess Glazer and Howard got producing credits after Favs was named director.

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Spielberg? After Indy 4 and Transformers 1 & 2? :guffaw: