FARSCAPE returning to DVD!!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Johnny Rico, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just had an amusing thought. Wouldn't it be silly symmetry if The Peacekeeper Wars miniseries was phased out of DVD production just as the "complete series" debuted? I think the PKW has been around for long enough to where they might pull that. It's about $8 on amazon.com

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This I don't know. I'm fairly certain Season 4 can be HD. It's pretty obvious watching it that they used a different filming method than the previous seasons.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, that's correct.

I don't have my Starburst seasons 2 & 3 sets on me, but it looks like this set retains much of the special features and commentaries from those sets. I don't care for the cover art or the exclusion of The Peacekeeper Wars, so I won't be running out to get it just yet. Still, I don't have seasons 1 & 4 yet...

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Why are so many people hung up on the design of the box? Shouldn't they be concerned with what's on the discs? As in, the whole dang series?

5. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Well, I don't own season 4, yet.... I guess I shall be purchasing the new edition.

I had been purchasing used sets off of Ebay.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

As I already own the whole dang series, I don't have a whole lot else to be concerned about.

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. Particulary when you consider that the various Star Trek sets came out at $100.00 a pop.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I looked that up yesterday before I read about the complete series sets. I guess I should order one before they go out of print.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The series is nice, but outside of replacing my double sided discs of season one, I have it already. What interests me is the extras, and from the press release, there isn't one new item that wasn't on the Starburst sets. They've got the gang back together for a panel at Comicon, but can't record one new commentary track? Hell, record the panel, that'll be a new extra!

10. Trubinator

This seems to happen frequently with complete series sets. I think the only decent one I've seen where they didn't just repackage the extras was with the Jericho complete series set.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    That's true, but this is an entirely new release of the series, by a different company with different packaging, and with newly encoded discs. To not bother throwing something new on...strikes me as cheap.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

$150 is an awesome price! That means $100 for the whole show isn't out of the question. That's really great.

Looks like a real nice set.

13. Trubinator

I agree. But filming extras takes time and money, and I'm sure they figure that the passage of time and some new box art will be enough to please the die hard fans. It's a niche series anyway ... enough will buy to make it work for 'em. It's sad, but it's also the way of the world. If they can screw you, they will.

14. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Well, I have the old two sided disks, though they're working fine, so I'll probably get this set. The price is worth it.