If Enterprise Came Back

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by commodore64, Apr 26, 2009.

1. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

We know it has an extremely low chance of coming back, but ... if it did, what would you want to see and how would you want to see it?

How? I would love for Enterprise to start webisodes, only Internet episodes to cut down on various costs that were provided by Paramount. I'd love to see the original cast back, including Shran (Combs) and Soval (Graham). Since science fiction is generally enjoyed by people who are technologically savvy, I think this would be an excellent alternative, and I'd be willing to pay for each episode. Imagine Enterprise at its lowest ratings and if everyone paid a dollar per episode. I think they'd probably have the same budget.

What? Manny Coto had the right idea in general, but some crappy specifics (Cloud Miners?! Cloud Miners?!!!!!). Let's get Joss Whedon in here for some real character enhancement and development. I would love to see:
    * More of the Vulcans. I don't mean a bunch of emotional retards, I mean Vulcans as they were intended to be brought to us a la Leonard Nimoy. I want statuesque, logical (with emotions teeming underneath), arched slanted eyebrow Vulcans. I'd love for them to explain some of the mythos that we know about.
    * Less relationships. I don't care who's sleeping or pining for whom. I just want good, interesting characters.
    * More character development. Why is it that Hoshi can speak languages with just a sample provided to her? Let's explore that. What was Travis' life like as a boomer (Horizon expanded)?
    * Let's go to Denobula. Let's even tie them to the Cardassians.
    * Let's go to Andoria and meet their muckity mucks. (Maybe we can see Shran "die" as defined in TATV.)
    * More of the Romulans, plotting and planning in the background, yet following strict canon provided by TOS.
    * Let's meet one of Spock's relatives (other than T'Pau) for giggles -- like Skon, Sarek's father.

2. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

The Romulan War. One whole season of it.

3. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Warp 6 upgrades to the NX-01 and 02 along with tractor beams, a perk of the growing relationship Earth enjoys with the Vulcans.

Trip is named captain of the NX-03, the Asimov. Some episodes focus on the NX-01 and some on the NX-03; sometimes they work on a mission in concert.

Coalition building begins. The Romulans don't take that very well and begin making incursions in the region.

4. commodore64

You know, it might be cool if Trip was captain and he worked in concert with the Enterprise on various missions.

5. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

Isn't the NX-O3 called CHALLENGER in the novels?

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I have no idea. I've only read The Good That Men Do. Have barely started Kobayashi Maru. :)

I'm not opposed to changing the ship's title to Challenger.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Challenger would be the likely choice if they continue naming the NXs after U.S. Space Shuttles. The first one was (obviously) Enterprise, and Columbia was second. Challenger was third, followed by Discovery, Atlantis, and Endeavour.

8. miraclefan

I always thought that that the names of the next cupple of NX-class vessels should be NX-O3 CHALLENGER (Obvious reasons) NX-O4 BABEL ( a little connection to Babel one arc, PLUS it was a GREAT film) NX-O5 AKIRA (I figured this may explain why in the future the AKIRA has such a resemblance to the NX class, my story would be that the NX-O5 is destroyed in a ALAMO style battle with the romulans, and so it remains a very popular design thru out the years)

9. commodore64

Just as a comment, no one is mentioning the how. What do you folks think of a webisode vs. television episode?

10. miraclefan

If we get new eps of ENT I don't care how we get them, HELL I'll even pay to watch new eps on the web!

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

A mini-series or some TV movies.

12. lceb

lceb Commander Red Shirt

I would love to have Enterprise back as a series, mini-series or a movie, or even as webisodes if nothing else could be done. I'd love to see something about the Romulan war, more of Vulcan and Andoria, Shran and Soval, Trip as a captain, what happens with Trip/T'pol, the crew getting promotions and going places, more ships (of any kind) etc,etc.... I would just be happy to see new stories with this Enterprise and these characters.

13. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Hear hear.

My Season V wish list:

• Starts off with a three parter framed in early 25 century where Nog discovers some 'Section 31' documents that reveal the true fate of the supposedly dead Charles Tucker. :) (I mean, lets face it, the hypothetical season 5 must start with a TATV fix, it's only natural)
    • Admiral Valdore is the main villain and Archers arch-nemesis during the Romulan war.
    • Lots of romance (star-crossed lovers light years apart during the times of war, could have been the greatest love story in star trek history [TM] :))
    • T'Pol's Romulan ancestry is revealed, her spy-dad a major character with a back story explored in detail (flashbacks of T'Pol's childhood and stuff)
    • Many episodes showing the war from the Romulan point of view.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  14. Middleman

A slim down version of "The Good That Men Do"? That works as long as Tucker doesn't remain in his Romulan persona for the entire season.

Awesome premise, I love the concept of this rivalry.

Something like we got in the two "Re-Launch" books? While this is is a very cool concept, I would much rather see Tucker get his own command and he is miraculously able to steal the NX-01's Science Officer to be his First Officer (amongst other things). :techman:

I read that was one of Coto's ideas for a season 5 plot. I was never crazy about the idea, but if it's written well, it could work. It certainly would explain a lot about T'Pol's character.

:techman: Nothing beats a good war story with some excellent personal sub-plots mixed in. As long as Braga isn't writing it, we should be golden.

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

The main problem with Trip is that, as horrible and retarded as it was, TATV officially counts as canon, therefore after his "death" Trip can never be Charles Tucker again. So after his Romulan adventure, he would have to assume a new identity.

But there is another way to fix TATV -
    completely discard it as if it never happened. How? Easily - quantum mechanics, meaning TATV never happened in prime timeline. It was just a bad "Myriad Universes" story, nothing more.

After Star Trek XI, this entire quantum mechanics mumbo jumbo becomes an important part of Star Trek universe anyway (since the whole movie is a "myriad universes" story)

Hmm, you already know how I feel about captains fooling around with their subordinates. A Captain and a subordinate have no business fraternizing, and that would go for TnT as well I'm afraid.

I wouldn't worry about that. I doubt that Braga and Berman will ever again be allowed anywhere near Star Trek. Their lack of fresh ideas and out of the box thinking is what burried Trek in the first place (that's no big secret) hence the new boys in town (Abrams, Orci, Kurtzman, Lindeloff).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  16. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Web only episodes would not cut a lot of cost, but it would lose a lot of revinue. CGI is a major cost. To make the show on a budget you would have to cut space battles and aliens.

What I would like to see.

Season 5 - Building the federation while Romulan threat increases.
    Season 6 - Romulan war. The Romulans back out but manage to damage Vulcan standing in the Federation.
    Season 7 - Humans become a major force in the area. Vulcans have a hard time accepting that they are no longer the major player in the area.

17. Middleman

Clearly discarding it all together would be my choice (and I'm sure the choice of many here) or at least explaining it away.
    This is science fiction, there are many, many ways out of this TATV mess, in the unlikely event that TPTB would want to correct it on screen.. The route they took in TGTMD was a good first step but how it plays out remains to be seen. I have my own strong feelings about having Tucker on Enterprise.

Let's just agree to disagree on this topic. I know this issue was debated ad nauseam on many boards, so I don't want to totally rehash it. Here is my short opinion: It's only science fiction and if it's written well, it can be pulled off. We as Star Trek fans can discuss time travel and warp theory like they are every day occurances and accepted fact; but a romance in the chain of command?...NEVER.
    IMO,thats why we are getting [Alt] [Ctrl] [Delete] in 2 weeks.

I was just being sarcastic.

18. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Warp and time travel is something we accept on screen because it is sci fi,
    so who knows, one day, a century or so from now, humanity might actually achieve some of that stuff.

But romance in the chain of command is something different IMO. I don't want to get into that discussion again, but I strongly believe that a Captain is someone who runs the ship and must not allow his personal feelings and relationships interfere in his decision making (this is a person who makes life and death decisions, and romance would make him lose his objectivity).
    This topic has been nicely tackled in "Destiny" - Book 1 (Riker & Troi stuff).

I know, but the very idea of the Beebs returning to Trek gives me the willies.

19. Middleman

I haven't read Destiny yet, but I will on your recomendation. One more comment and I'm droping this subjet. There is a difference between fooling around or dating and a committed relationship or marriage. While I admit it could be problematic, if written well it can be managed.

20. commodore64

Those who want to continue to discuss T/T'P: http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=89978

I think showing Captain Tucker would be a major mistake, other than him on his own ship.

SFRabid, like your ideas!