Starlog Magazine

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by jimcat, Jun 13, 2013.

1. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Also note there are more issues than those posted. I have all the ones posted, but need some after that range. Maybe someone will donate more scans to get the complete collection.

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I remember there was a movie to be called Monolith, with a spacecraft that reminded me of the FASA Gorn battleship. Avatar type morality play.

3. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

posted in wrong thread. Opps!

4. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I scanned over a thousand pages (yes, literally) of my old Starlogs before the Archive ever came to my attention, and mostly before it was available. I don't regret it. I was doing my thing, hobby-wise, and I created a personal archive that I draw on quite often. I have topics tagged to make them searchable.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

A very appropriate way to spend one's time, hobby-wise. That must have been quite an endeavour. The fact that it is searchable is another valuable bonus.

7. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Memory Alpha has a complete list: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starlog_(magazine)

I've greatly enjoyed going through all the coverage for TMP. Those were my favorite issues when I was younger.

I keep wishing someone would scan in the early issues of Cinefex. I have a pdf of the first issue, but I can't find a complete digital copy of issue two anywhere.

8. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Me too. The iPad App has all the back issues up to number 126, but it's not the same.

http://www.cinefex.com/ipad/

Maab

9. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would they continue giving a canceled show extensive coverage? If a show wasn't getting enough ratings to even receive a second season, it stands to reason that most readers wouldn't be terribly interested in reading about it, either.

Starlog did do occasional articles about more fondly-remembered science fiction shows like Buck Rogers and Lost in Space (and yes, Star Trek, of course), but the reason other shows like Time Trax and Space Precinct were canceled is because they were crap.

10. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

I loved Starlog.

I miss my old collection, now long gone and buried somewhere in our state's central landfill.