Your Christmas Wish List

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gryffindorian, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

What's on your holidays list this year, if you have one?

What I Want: Nothing special, since I've already gotten myself a DSLR camera recently (Canon Rebel T3). I don't need a new tablet, smartphone, or other gadgets. I will probably wait until next year to buy a new PC.

What I Will Probably Get: A bunch of gift cards (Target is good) and some winter apparel from family; from friends and colleagues, sweet treats that I don't really need because i'm diabetic.

What say you?

P.S. I'll post in about a month what I actually got.

2. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Tribble slippers, which I already got, and some graphic novels. I'm thinking about the Buffy Season 8 Library Editions, and the first Batwoman and Wonder Woman New 52 volumes.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Clothes. I always want clothes. Also on my list are Bath & Body Works soaps and shower gels, the Tardis Christmas ornament, a cat bed for Junior, some books, some dvds, etc.

Oh yeah, and world peace. ;)

4. Grey

Grey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

An iPad.

Within the realm of possibilities, though, I dunno...something Star Trek related. And Dr. Who related for my best friend. :D

5. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

I'd like some PIAA fog lights for my truck, they run about 300 for the pair. :eek:

6. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I haven't even thought about it...I already got what I really wanted, which is plane tickets to Seattle to be with my family.

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

In no particular order, and obviously I don't expect to get most (or even any) of these, but:

* Books
    * Audio equipment (speakers, a mixer, etc.)
    * Obscure video games
    * Panini press
    * Bluetooth OBD-II adapter
    * Board games
    * Mechanical keyboard
    * Filing cabinet
    * Sunshade for my car

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    World peace.

9. Gryffindorian

^ Overrated and overstated. We get that wish every day of the year and nothing happens. :p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  10. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Cue the now traditional "A Dukla Prague Away Kit" response in 3.... [2.... 1....]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na12OyJEgJ8[/yt]

But seriously... like last year, that Sarah Lund Faroese patterned sweater is still on my wish list. :bolian:

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

No list. My family does a Secret Santa thing with a $50 limit, so even if I had a list, I wouldn't know who to give it to.

That said, I always break the rules and spend way more than $50 on my person. Because I am awesome at Christmas.

12. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

World peace and and end to social injustice.

Now that I have shown how unselfish I am, just give me tonight's winning powerball numbers.

13. Gryffindorian

That's cool, RoJo. It would definitely save me and a lot of people money if we agreed to do a Secret Santa. Actually, my family and I did that one year, and we still got one another presents. :lol: One for mom, one for dad, gifts for three sisters and a brother, two nieces, five nephews. Those were just for family members. For friends/co-workers, I typically spend $300 on gifts. I don't get them anything expensive; there are just too many of them.

14. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Not doing presents this year which actually frees up a lot of time spent thinking about what to get people.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This year will be tricky. Normally, we draw names at Thanksgiving. However, this time around, I had the genius idea that we should draw names last Christmas. That way, instead of only a month to shop, we have a whole year to get our person really awesome gifts.

However, last week at Thanksgiving, we all realized that too much time had passed, and none of us was 100% sure whose name we drew. We all think we know, but nobody is positive.

So this Christmas will be interesting. It's entirely possible somebody will end up with no presents, while somebody else ends up with double presents. Since none of us takes Christmas too seriously, we're just going to enjoy the surprise.

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

A quiet, eventful little Christmas with my family.

17. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Money, bath stuff, some new clothes, certain TV series on DVD. I'm pretty simple.

18. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

A red ryder bb gun.

19. Grey

Grey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But Hanson, you'll shoot your eye out!

20. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly, there's nothing in particular I want. I'll be going to California to visit Shameless just after Christmas so everything I'm asking for is more practical than anything.

I mean, i could use spending cash, which is the main thing (i know i know, money is lame but i dont actually NEED anything). My parents are getting me new luggage which will be nice.

Other than that things like books are always a good bet but again, I'm not really wanting/needing anything so i haven't really thought about it.