Survivor 25: Phillipines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Garak, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enjoyed the 90 minute premiere. Had to laugh at Russell saying he'd let the dummies stand up and be the leader with a target on their back, then turns around and does the leader thing himself. The Zane Strategy was nuts, which surprised me since pre-game buzz seemed to indicate he might be around for a while. Apparently not.

Still not sure it's fair to have Penner there as one of the returnees. Sure he had to be removed for medical reasons in that one season, but he also played Cook Islands long enough to be voted out 14th. Surely they could have chosen another first-timer that had to be evac'd. At least the other two got pulled in their first attempts. And it's great to finally get Skupin back on the show. Now if only they could convince Colleen from Season 1 to return...

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I think Mike Skupin might be the second coming of Jesus. It's like watching The Passion every time he's onscreen getting brutally torn to shreds for our sins.

Abi-Maria is a friggin' nutjob. Poor RC must have immediately regretted entering an alliance with that kook.

Angie and Russell sucked ass. At least Russell realized that he blew it.

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Angie getting voted off was clearly the wrong choice. I mean... from an eye-candy perspective. From a strategy standpoint it doesn't matter because they'll still be terrible regardless.

4. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

It's funny how things changed this week, last week it looked like Lisa was TC fodder and now she's in a pretty strong position with Pete, Abi and the HII. Of course Pete and Abi would turn on her in a second so it's smart for her to be Pete's voting lapdog effectively giving him two votes, he will want to keep her around as long as possible, she has a good chance to make it to the merge but after that she should really try to build an alliance with someone else, Abi can't be trusted, she's too paranoid, that the original alliance of four imploded seems to be only her fault.

5. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is why it's kind of foolish to make alliances on day one. I understand the desire to form an alliance quickly, but it can backfire when you don't know what kind of nutjob you're throwing in with.

6. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Angie was retaaaaaarded. I cringed every time her confused furrowed brow appeared on the television. She didn't even deserve to be there in the first place. Enjoy those back problems.

Russell, you ain't much better dude.

I hope that alliance of Malcom and the older woman who's an amazing diver stick, but it'll be tough once the merge happens.

The Brazilian would be fun to have sex with but the crazy that resides deep within her is pretty discomforting. You'd have to run like hell once you were done. Truth be told, I actually love loose cannons like that on Survivor so I'm enjoying her shenanigans. RC, you fucked up huge.

That Peter guy actually seems like he might have his shit together. Facts of life is nothing more than a floating pawn.

Too bad Jonathon is suspected of having the idol, I get a feeling he might be blindsided unless him and mediocre baseball player Jeff Kent put something together.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Just got around to watching the episode on TiFaux.

Are these people stupid?! Are they not seeing that Russ is their bigger problem than the people they've voted off the last 3 weeks?

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm waiting for Stephanie to walk out of the woods and start screaming at them. We saw this same thing happen with her tribe.

9. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

That challenge was so well shot, loved the end when they were missing the final jar full of rice and then finally the red team's swings back and breaks the jar.

Blue team just cannot catch a break, but really Russell lost that challenge for them crawling like an idiot to the platform after falling so far behind before Malcolm could go and swing rope at the jars. So glad he's gone, and I'm honestly surprised he's not more used to failure.

Crazy brazilian is still crazy. Loved how the guy (Peter?) planted the clue next to RC, seems like he's really got his shit together. If RC is smart she plays up how crazy the brazilian is to get back in to people's good graces.

Looked like from the previews that the final two from the blue tribe somehow have the clue for the idol, hope one of them finds it. I wonder when the merge will be? We're at 14 players I think, usually it merges around 10-11 I think?

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

It was nice to have a challenge that didn't involve a puzzle for once.

11. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I like both of the remaining players on the Loser tribe, hope they make it through the next challenge somehow. And I'm glad Russell is gone already, he was fucking irritating the first time around and still is.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

About damn time they got rid of Russel. Too bad so many potentially good players had to leave before the realized what a dead albatross Russel was.

13. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the puzzle fixation the last couple of seasons has been a bit tiresome.

14. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Next person voted of Survivor...

Dawson.

It didn't seem she did much to verify that it wasn't her going after they lost the challenge. And her provoking the ex-baseball player didn't help.

I'm glad Denise is doing so well in her hew tribe. She's a tough lady and alligning with the boys is a good move, even if she is the fourth wheel. Malcom is a good player too, but he seems to be clueless of what is happening in his new tribe, although it is early still.

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And we're back to the puzzles . . . .

16. Locutus of Bored

Dawson was stupid with the way she handled the Jeff Kent information. Either play the "he's a wealthy ex-baseball player" card and let everyone in on it so they'll possibly turn against him because they don't want a millionaire to win another million, or keep it to yourself. Teasing him about it but not letting anyone else in on the joke just pisses him off and makes him want to get rid of her to protect his secret.

17. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Is she? I can see Penner and Jeff ditching Carter and keeping Denise if they have to make a choice and Jeff would probably consider an alliance with Denise to get rid of Penner, he already had his weirs four fingered handshake speech, he doesn't consider Penner a long term ally, I think Denise is in a good position right now.

I still think it's funny how Lisa went from Tandang's obvious first boot to sitting save in swing vote land between the fighting factions of the former alliance of four. She seems to be smart and observes her tribe, she is probably already planning to turn on Peter before he turns on her.

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah Dawson was frustratingly dumb. Just get it out there to shake things up or something. The last thing you want to do is poke at him until he has you voted out. Lame.

19. Locutus of Bored

Especially since she thought there was at least the possibility that she might be at risk in this tribal (according to one of her interviews). Why not shake things up at that point to distract people before the vote?

20. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Agree with others that Dawson misused her knowledge about Jeff Kent's background. She would have been better off using the info to blackmail him instead of just teasing him with it. She could have pulled him aside and told him to use his influence to keep her or she would spill the beans on her way out. It may not have worked, but at least she'd go down swinging.