Alternate ending to the episode where neelix leaves

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by GeneHunt, Oct 6, 2008.

1. GeneHunt

GeneHunt Commander Red Shirt

When Neelix leaves he walks down the corridor passed all his crew mates. The last person he see's is Tuvok, after Tuvok says "Mister Neelix" it should cut to where his hand grabs his throat and strangles him in the episode "Meld" then role the credits with a shot of the dead holographic Neelix.

2. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

gb2youtube and do it! :klingon:

3. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

Uh....ok.... :cardie:

4. GeneHunt

Believe me I would if I could, id spend hours laughing at is afterwards too. LOL!!!!

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Totally Insane Topic. Shit

6. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah, the "Homestead" ending is one of the sweetest in Trek. I am a fan of that episode. It always chokes me up, and not in the way suggested. ;)

7. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. :)

8. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I always wondered what that stood for...

9. PhoenixIreland

PhoenixIreland Captain Captain

Some people really hate characters don't they?
    I had a friend who used to rewind and replay over and over the part where they stabbed Kira in Way of the Warrior, and laugh.

He found her very annoying...

10. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

I do love Voyager...

However, the episode where Neelix leaves the ship was pretty lame, if memory serves me correct by the time they found the Talaxian colony, it way in the 7th season, by that time they had almost gotten out of the Delta quadrant, they had gone about 45,000 light years. So, they get all this way and happen to find a colony of Talaxians living inside of an astoroid?? You would have thought that all along the way they would have found a suitable M-class planet to settle. They found a planet for the Klingons in "Prophecy" in one episode.

11. Jeri

I enjoy this episode and am disposed to believe that Talaxians wanted to get as far away from the Metrion Cascade aftermath as possible; however, I had the nagging impression that their situation was not permanently solved when Voyager left them.

I figured the miners would be back to try to finish them off at some point. I would be interested in following this storyline.

12. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was already clear by that time that Talaxians had the wanderlust bad. There had been that Talaxian convoy in "Basics", then a Talaxian at the edge of the Nekrit expanse in "Fair Trade", and everybody in the Delta Quadrant seemed to know of the spotty little species. Talaxian technology no doubt was up to the task of long interstellar journeys. Their contact with the distant Vaadwaur in the 15th century had not been a lopsided Talaxian defeat; with an apparent eight or nine centuries of space experience, it's no wonder they would be roaming the galaxy by now.

It was annoying to see some other species pop up all along the route of the Voyager, but the ubiquitous Talaxians never really bothered me. I was sort of expecting to see more of them in the late seasons, really.

Timo Saloniemi

13. Jeri

^ ^ Very interesting points; I loved when they looked up the Talaxial-zé etymology for "Vaadwaar" and the fables associated with it. Talaxians seem to have an ancient and resourceful civilization. (And they're kind of adorable.)

14. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went and made it for the Hell of it. At the very least, it's good for a chuckle.

15. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

The ending... :lol:

Good for a laugh.

16. bintak

bintak Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't really care what they do with Neelix during that episode as long as it involves him becoming a throw rug for Janeway's quarters or a stuffed head mounted on Chakotay's trophy wall.

17. GeneHunt

Thanks Kadratis, i got a good laugh out of that.

18. GeneHunt

Its gone :-(

19. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

My alternate ending of this episode: Neelix walks down the corridor, walks into the transporter room, walks up to the transporter and just when they are about to beam him down to that asteroid he says: "No, this doesn't feel right. My duties are here and so are my best friends too. I promised Captain Janeway that I would stay by her side and I will do it. Tell them down there that I have changed my mind. I'm staying!

Then he walks up to Tuvok, gives him a hug and says: "Mr Vulcan! Tonight I'm gonna cook the best Ploomek Soup you've ever tasted!"

Tuvok looks as he is about to be executed and the last thing we see is when Neelix tries to drag a reluctant Tuvok out of the transporter room. :)

20. Fish1941

Fish1941 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why is it so important that Neelix end up in the Alpha Quadrant . . . especially after he had fallen in love for the first time, since Kes?