(SPOILERS!) About the SuperBowl Trailer...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kruezerman, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since almost all of the issues with this ship's design is with the engineering section and the engines. Maybe they'll pull off a saucer seperation to save everyone.

2. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

I think the Enterprise looks fantastic - in some ways more optimistic looking than the TMP refit, nice to see round saucers and long nacelles back again.

They cannot destroy it, it will endure, save the day on many occasions and fans will eventually love that ship.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love this Enterprise too, the proportions the shapes, everything. I've had the model sat on a shelf since 2009. It's got none of the awkwardness of the original series ship nor the fragility of old movie version.

4. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

I have a question to this if the enterprise gets destroyed will kirk and crew be delayed on there 5 year mission we all know time was changed and events will unfold out different, so will this mean the E be refitted quicker and similar to the TMP version with the characters going there separate ways ??? could this happen !!! Or have the writers and producers and directors listened to the fans about how much dislike to the new E that fans reacted to.??

I've got no problem with the E getting blown up or destroyed if it makes a great scene I'm up for it. Some of the scenes in 09 trek were amazing and the best I've seen in all trek films....

5. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

And I loved the new E and her Ample naccelles !! She had some lovely curves !!!!

6. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the trailer we see Enterprise damage, falling into planet, out of control, but not destroyed. I don't know what's going to happen. Scott can save it one more time.

7. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the trailer was non-specific as to which planet was being sucked up by the black hole. I didn't know about Vulcan until I watched the film.

As for the Big E being destroyed, my money would be on no. Part of the mythology of Star Trek is that the Enterprise always gets them home, no matter what. It took twenty years for the destruction of the Enterprise in TSFS to mean something and I don't think we're nearly there yet for this retelling. She'll be battered, bruised and bleeding, but the old girl will save the day yet.

Besides, I'm fairly partial to this new design. I'm not ready for a new one just yet.

8. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I think Scotty will save the Enterprise just in time, Insurrection style. (Er.. where Picard and Worf are rescuing Data and prevent a crash in the nick of time)

9. F. King Daniel

Had it been shot today with a big budget, I'm sure "The Naked Time" would have some fantastic shots of the Enterprise plummeting towards Psi2000, engines offline and hull plates falling off as she burns through the atmosphere.

10. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

maybe they will be able to jump to warp in the atmosphere seconds before it hits the ground (stealing a scene from BSG "Exodus Part II" :bolian:)

11. timtonruben359

timtonruben359 Captain Captain

I wouldn't be so sure about that!! JJ Abrams has stated in a few interviews that he wanted to destroy the Enterprise in the last movie but decided to destroy Vulcan instead. Don't assume anything or anyone is safe.

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It's the Abramsprise after they saved Spock from the Volcano. She barely makes it into orbit after getting pounded by Volcano debris, then starts decending and Scotty repairs the engines in the last minute.

13. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I don't think it will get destroyed. What has been released about the plot hints that Kirk gets kicked out of Starfleet for something related to the Prime Directive. Maybe like what JarodRussell suggests happens. Kirk then gets kicked out for breaking the Prime Directive and for almost crashing a ship into a pre-warp planet and possibly wiping them out.

14. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

I agree that it doesn't get destroyed. But I don't think the damage is volcano related for two reasons. First, there is a shot in the full trailer of the Enterprise in deep space, and in that shot she's damaged like she was in the Superbowl trailer. Secondly in the first of the two falling shots, you can see lights on the planet. That seems advanced for the civilization they are trying to save.

15. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I suspect that they are drawing inspiration from the novel, Prime Directive. And the Enterprise was pretty F-ed up in that book.

16. Xerxes1979

Xerxes1979 Captain Captain

The trailer shows a ship crashing into the water in relatively intact shape.

Since the Enterprise was able to self launch in ST09 I don't see why a crashed ship that was partially boyant could not also.

The hull would be under less stress than the ludicrous Iowa shipward physics.

17. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Kirk asking who Harrison is has thrown the Gary Mitchell debate out of the airlock.

Interesting shots but still too much of a teaser. Was hoping a full one for the Super Bowl.

Love the damaged enterprise, can't beat battle damage and stricken. I don't mind the new Enterprise, I was negative in 2008 but its grown on me, still don't love like the TOS Enterprise or TMP-TUC enterprise. But I like it.

Interesting to see where the Enterprise is falling to. Maybe volcano damage or Harrison opened a can of phaser power with his 'acquired' ship(s) (may have a rumour wrong) on the Enterprise and all but shot it to frell until it had no power to sustain orbit.

Still love the homage to the TMP delta badge on what appears to be dress uniforms.

18. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Harrison damages Enterprise from the inside somehow, while attempting to escape.
    We know he plays mind games with the crew and tries to turn them against each other. Could be that a war breaks out on board the ship, with very bad results.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Interesting that she loses the same part of her saucer section as the Kelvin did in the previous film.

20. F. King Daniel

*copy+paste damaged hull section from Kelvin model* [/Cynical Daniel]

The damage to the Enterprise looks a lot like that from some of the last movie's poster designs, which showed a wrecked Enterprise fleeing the Narada.