Lost Girl--Season 3?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Greg Cox, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Okay, at the end of last night's season finale on Syfy, there was an announcement that LOST GIRL had been been picked up for a third season and "new episodes will--"

Unfortunately, my DVR cut off the announcement in mid-sentence, so I missed the end. What was the gist? New episodes will . . .

. . . return in the Spring?
    . . . be available on on-line?
    . . . are coming soon on DVD?

What's the scoop on Season 3?

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Season 3 will air on SyFy beginning in January.

3. Greg Cox

Thanks!

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or you could rock it 90s style and ask some foreign friends to post you their vhs recordings of Lost girl about 4 to 8 months earlier than Syfy thinks that you deserve.

wikipedia says that the production in Canada starts in spring 2012, which was 6 months ago, but sfy doesn't buy lost girl till the season is complete, and last year lost girl had a 2 month break between episodes 13 and 14.

Wikipedia also says that there are lost girl motion comics.

Sweet.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I loved Anna Silk's performance in Being Erica and on recommendation by my ex-girlfriend, watched the first four to five episodes but quickly got bored with the show. Can anyone tell me if the rest of the series gets better or is it just more of the same every week.

6. Christopher

^I had a similar experience at first, and gave up even sooner, but when I gave it a second chance, I found myself getting drawn into the story arcs and evolving mythology. It's not a fantastic show, but it's entertaining.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the show, and have from the first episode. I'll admit, it might not be the most original thing ever, but I love the characters, and the world that is being built up around them is pretty cool IMO.
    They actually use a fair amount of mythological beings that don't pop up as often in stuff like this, like Will o' the Wisps, and Selkies.

8. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Greg, slightly off topic, but have you thought of writing a "Lost Girl" novel?

9. Greg Cox

I would love to write a LOST GIRL novel, but first some publisher needs to acquire the license . . . .

(Pocket? Titan? Ace? Are you listening?)

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So what do we all think will be happening in Season 3? With the way the season ended I'm thinking what ever Kenzie was exposed to at the Norn's will play some kind of a role. I'm also curious if the new Ash will be another new character, or if it'll be someone we know.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I was wondering if Trick will end up as Ash. And aside from Kenzie's "gift" from the Norn, I think season 3 will be about Bo being seduced by the dark side, since she used the potion to save Trick instead of herself.

12. Guy Gardener

Trick used to be the complete ruler of the light fey. Then he fucked up. Recently he learnt that his fuck up was far worse than he thought which reopened the wounds terribly... The Ash is a "regional" leader who still takes orders from Europe and some council. What the limits are of the region which the Ash controls have not been quantified. Canada? North America, or the entire American Continent? Hells s/he might just be the Mayor of Ontario(where it's filmed, but where is Lost Girl set?), and the next city over has a similar tribal feudal war shit going on. Trick becoming Ash would be an incredible demotion.

Imagine Bill Clinton Running for Alderman in Cleveland.

Hale on the other hand is being groomed.

Hale's actor CK Collins was running about in the back ground of Saving Hope too.

The lad likes to work.

13. Christopher

I think Lost Girl is probably set in Toronto, where it's filmed, because in the episode where Ryan got hooked on Bo and almost married her, it was mentioned that they were only a couple of hours from "the Falls," presumably Niagara Falls, which is about a 90-minute drive from Toronto.

As far as taking a demotion goes, Trick didn't mind stepping down from Blood King to tavern-keeper. Still, he's made it pretty clear that he has no interest in assuming a position of power once again, due to his regrets at the decisions he made the last time. He might be offered the Ash position, but he'd be loath to accept it.

14. Greg Cox

The fact that a recent ep featured Fae "football" hooligans suggests that the show isn't set in the USA, although I think they're mostly deliberately vague about the setting.

15. Guy Gardener

Sometimes you think you're watching an American show but then the characters start using Canadian money.

Very confusing.

16. RJDiogenes

Trick wouldn't want to be Ash, but not because of the demotion-- he's perfectly happy running a bar (and we've had two presidents who served in Congress after leaving the presidency). But he still may become Ash if he were convinced it were for the greater good.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They released a 1 minute trailer today.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g256XI7VDcA&feature=share&list=UUp5NK-e0KtqpHX8RykBoKMw[/yt]
    Looks great. I can't wait!

Do we know yet who the blond with Dyson was? I was trying to figure out if she's a new cop/fare partner for Dyson, because was with Dyson at the police station, and I didn't see Hale anywhere.

18. RJDiogenes

Sweet. Only about three weeks away. :bolian:

19. RJDiogenes

Well, not quite. That was the Showcase preview. When I realized it was on a Sunday, I looked it up and it turns out that the Sciffy premiere is January 14th. About a month to go for us in the USA.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just an FYI for all Lost Girl fans, Netlfix has added season 1 to their streaming service. I'm just hoping they add season 2 when there is still enough time to rewatch it before Season 3 premiers.