What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You don't need ALL the lightseeds to open up new levels. You "only" need 540 (I believe that's the correct number) to beat the game.

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I am playing a fairly evil run through of ME2 but it's not going quite to plan. I don't know if I could go quite that far though:lol:.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Early stages deffo the one am on I need them all, I've tried but I simply can't find my way to some of them. Its still a cheap way to extend the gameplay I mean 540 :wtf:

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Well I got the Platinum trophy which means I had to get all 1001 of them. So 540 was easy. ;)

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Heh, yeah, I gave up about 5 hours into the game due to those damn lightseeds. Forcing the player to backtrack through each and every level immediately after beating it with nothing changed except for the graphics? Worst idea since Bomberman Zero.

At least Sands of Time was awesome.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

It's funny, I absolutely adored the 2008 PoP. Probably because of the relationship between the Prince and Elika. Plus that ending... fuck I loved the ending. :D

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I'm playing a little thing called SWTOR. Huzzah!

8. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

We played a game of this on Sunday.
    [​IMG]

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Sonic CD Remastered

10. Kelthaz

Ah, Sonic CD. It's supposed to be the height of the franchise and I love Sonic, but I have never played it. Maybe I'll pick it up as a Christmas gift to myself.

11. Kelthaz

To make up for the miserable failure of Zelda, I decided to pick up another DS game -- Bangai-O Spirits. Never heard of it? Yeah, it's not exactly a mainstream game, but holy hell is this game awesome. This is the reason I'm a gamer.

- No story to waste your time -- only levels with high scores
    - Ungodly challenging with an average player life expectancy of about 5-10 seconds.
    - Hundreds of missiles constantly being shot at you.
    - Your special attacks create more missiles if you let a bunch of enemy missiles surround you -- aka. lots of cool explosions.
    - Giant robots
    - Fruit

It's a game and it doesn't try to be anything more than that. You're in a giant robot (or you are a giant robot), now shoot stuff and don't get shot. Except you will get shot a lot because this game doesn't hold your hand. You'll die and you'll learn to like it. It's like the complete opposite in design philosophy from Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and I absolutely love it. Now to go die some more.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sja2kdbUTZc&feature=related[/yt]

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

As penance for killing Tali I've decided to finish off my Adept playthrough with Tali as the paramour...a bit tricky considering that Shep is a FemShep, but a little tinkering with a save editor seems to have gotten things moving.

Of course to keep things interesting (and because I can't be bothered to do all those loyalty missions twice in as many weeks) I'm going for a decimation endgame. If I've planned this right, I should end up with only two survivors.

Now if only I can get the damn suicide mission to trigger without recruiting Thane!

[EDIT] Just ran my plan through the Suicide Calculator (a handy little program someone made just for this purpose) and it seems my plan will work. The really funny part is that Mordin will be left to HOLD-THE-LINE all on his lonesome. :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

This version is a rebuild using the 'Retro Engine', essentially from scratch, it runs at a constant 60fps in HD widescreen format with both soundtracks included, it solves a lot of the problems with the Mega CD version and its ports.

14. John Clark

I can figure out how to do some loyalty missons and get the person killed, but I'm going to have to plan very carefully to off Morinth.

As for leaving Mordin to hold the line on his own, perhaps he shouldn't have made that comment about Kirrahe;)

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I might be wrong, but I think the easiest way to kill Morinth is to make her the second fire team leader. IIRC only Miranda or a loyal Jacob and Garrus can survive that.

16. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

uncharted 3,drake's deception.

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

i'm playing through Half life 2 again....i had no idea that it had achievements or that it supported the 360 joypad.....nice little surprise that.

18. John Clark

I'd planned on having her taken by the swarms by using a less capable biotic as the shield. Unfortunately Legion got taken instead. I'll have to try it that way next time:)

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You might want to try using this. It has just about everything you need to plan any squadmate's doom. ;)
    There's also this tool I mentioned before (DL link at bottom of first post) that you can use to test out your plan.

At a glance I think you picked the worst way to get her killed since she's the *last* henchmen that the swarms would take. Indeed she and Samara appear to be at the bottom of the list for everything. It looks like even if you leave her to hold the line on her own she'd still survive because she's always loyal (in the context of the game mechanics that is, I wouldn't trust that psycho for a nanosecond.)

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I'm still playing Skyrim. I'm now about 70 hours in. I've done all the major side storylines (Companions, Mages, Thieves, Dark Brotherhood, Civil War) so now I finally started the main storyline.