All I Got Left is My THREAD BOMBS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spaceman Spiff, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Even Ponies pwn Twilight, obviously.

2. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

I will ask a stupid question here, but what qualifies to be posted in this thread?

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^These days it's just funny pictures.... pretty much anything is game (except things with images of spiders).

It's a tough audience sometimes though.

4. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

We can't post spiders? Since when? I remember quite a lot of spiders being posted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. trekkiedane

Well, we can... but we were asked to post them only as links -and have complied ever since.....

6. kirsten187

OK but I agree with no spiders please - will a link to the Easter Bunny Rap persuade you to stop?!

Easter Bunny Rap

7. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a couple months ago.... a few posters (J. Allen, are you one of the ones I'm thinking of?) have some pretty major fears of spiders and some of the spider pictures being posted was causing them issues, so the request was put out to make them links or spoiler tagged.

8. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Agggghhhhhhhhhh! MY EYES!!!

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

No, you know that's not true because we just went through this AGAIN when you brought up the issue AGAIN a couple months ago after I had already explained it to you the first time.

I turned your and only your images into links because when J. Allen told you it makes him have severe anxiety attacks you started trolling him by posting a bunch of spider pictures in reply. I never once made a rule about not posting spider pics or only them as links here in the future, I only said if someone tells you they have a bad reaction to seeing spiders, don't act like a jerk and post a bunch of spider pics in a row to screw with them, or at least only do them as links. It was a one time request specifically related to not trolling people (like your behavior in the thread), not to posting spider pictures in general.

Now I've explained this to you on at least two separate occasions, I'm pretty sure you went whining to the admin about it despite it being a complete non-issue, and you keep bringing it up in this thread out-of-the-blue (which inevitably provokes more people to post spider pictures when they wouldn't have normally) and misrepresenting what was said. I'm getting pretty damn tired of it. It's just another variation on the same trolling you were doing before. Knock it off.

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Australian spiders.:crazy: I enjoy living in this country but the animals here are messed up. Even our most comically of icons, the platypus is venomous...seriously, WTF?

11. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Anything that looks so much like a genetic freak as does a platypus should be suspect as poisonous if not outright belonging in Frankenstein's lab.

12. trekkiedane

1. I have ever only posted spider-images and been asked to stop it once.
    (I guess your 'first warning' was to someone else -or that I simply didn't see it.)

2. The entire spider-happening in this thread was turned into links -might not have been your doing though.

3. I don't troll

4. How were any of us to know that J. Allens post wasn't as 'jokey' as the rest of the posts in this entire group of threads? -I merely posted 'cute' -or maybe 'cutified' is the right word- versions of images relating to the images that were being posted at the time.

4. Why would I go whining anywhere after Allen and I had the whole thing under control in a series of PMs?

5. When have I ever 'misrepresented what was said'?
    Someone asked what this thread is about and I answered -it's as simple as that! -Now I can understand how an overworked mod in the heat of summer can misinterpret above posts, but do take a look at the context.

6. I don't troll -It's childish and never has any funny results (unless it's an attack by pirates).

Lastly I'd like your input on how to tell people new to the thread what not to post -without telling them exactly what not to post. :)

13. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

14. trekkiedane

Reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

A tiny bit clever it combines two things I collect: Doctor Who and fonts...

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I love that.

16. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

How about don't tell anyone they can't post spider pictures because that was never a rule and it was one minor issue that should have been dropped months ago but for some reason keeps getting brought up?

Let's walk you through it again:

J. Allen's post - #502:
    Doesn't sound very jokey to me. Saying you didn't know if he was serious is an especially odd defense if you discussed the situation with him via PM. Surely he explained to you that he was serious but that there were no hard feelings (because J's a good guy), did he not?

Your follow-up post - #506:
    So, four posts before, J. Allen tells you how seeing those spider pictures makes him react, and your response is to post a bunch of them in a row.

Now, we got a request from another mod who was not from Miscellaneous (and therefore couldn't do anything) to say something in the thread and turn the images into links because they felt it was unfair and essentially trolling J. Allen by posting those in direct response to his comment. I agreed. However, I wasn't going to go through changing everyone's spider pictures into links (especially the people who hadn't known about J.), and only decided to changed the ones posted by the person who did the most and did it intentionally after J. Allen said how much it bothered him. Guess who that was? You.

Yours was the ONLY post where the images were turned into links by a mod (me). You can tell by looking at the bottom of the posts to see the edit history. Any other ones that were links were because the posters did that themselves, probably to not be rude to J. Allen. But there are several pictures still present in the thread that weren't turned into links, which pretty much blows your assertion that were all turned into links out of the water.

Finally, here's my post - #520:
    Notice how I made it perfectly clear this was not a rule about posting pictures of spiders in the future, and how it was only related to not harassing the poor guy with more pics when he says it bothers him? That's it.

It should have been over and done with right there, because I just made a friendly request with no repercussions or demands beyond not acting like a jerk when someone says spiders bother them. But noooo, in true TrekBBS fashion, this stupid non-issue had to become the cause someone chose to stand in front of a line of tanks over. The admin got a complaint from a poster, so it became a whole discussion in the BR. It keeps getting brought up like there's an official rule against posting spider pictures in the Thread Bombs topic, when there's no such rule.

People need to stop bringing it up. Don't tell people that it's against the rules to post spider pics, because it's not. However, if someone says "I'm deathly afraid of koalas," don't act like a jerk and immediately tease them with tons of koala pics, understood? It's really not a difficult concept.

Now, if you want to discuss this with me some more, I'll be happy to do it via PM. I just didn't want the misconception that there's a rule about posting spider pictures to go uncorrected... again. Back to posting funny pictures.

17. kirsten187

[​IMG]

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. kirsten187

20. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

D'aww, so cute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.