The Nerd, the Klutz and the Germophobe

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Captain_Nick, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

The best characters on Voyager. If Star Trek was real and I was Reginald Barclay, I would hang out with them on the holodeck.

(Reg Barclay is my on screen equivalent. After an annoying day at work we both like to switch on our entertainment devices and immerse ourselves in Voyager)

It is such a shame that those three only got one episode and a couple of cameos after. They are the most realistic characters on that ship.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of whom do you speak?

3. Captain_Nick

The episode is 'Good Shepherd'. I dont remember their names unfortuantely. One is a Bajoran female, another hides down in the plasma room on deck 15.

I really liked that episode, it gave a completely different view of life on Voyager.

4. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

By the end of that episode, they had all gotten over whatever issues they had, so I'm thinking that they wouldn't be the interesting characters you think they would be.

Besides, we only saw them for one episode. I'd hardly say that wasn't enough to say they were really all that realistic.

5. Vorta

Vorta Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love, love, love Barclay!!! And yes, good episode!

6. Captain_Nick

I would hardly say so too. :cool:

Their personalities are so different from the regulation Star Fleet 'yes sir tetrionic fields down to 47% sir'. It was a welcome change, even if it was only for one ep

The nerd in particular stuck it to Janeway. Big :bolian:

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

These are the guys who do not constantly volunteer for suicide missions.

8. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

Ah yes, Tal Celes, Billy Telfer and Mortimer Harren. The three misfits that Janeway found in her flock.

I remember this episode and still quite like it. Too bad we never saw anything further on how things went after that.

Never saw if Mortimer was finally dragged up from the bilges, or if Celes and Telfer developed anything beyond their friendship.

And we never did find out anything further about those dark matter worms. Pity.

9. Guy Gardener

Celes was in the haunting of Deck 12.

it was uncharacteristic of the producers to reuse an actress, and there was no reason or proof to believe in the episode that she had ever been in the show before... "Sigh".

10. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

Oh, I forgot about that one. Thanks, Guy!

Too bad they couldn't have worked in something from Good Shepherd into Haunting of Deck Twelve.

11. Guy Gardener

I was pissed that she never made it back for another episode of Sliders.

The female version of Quinn Mallory who had sex with the male version of herself when he slid in from a Parallel Earth... Oh, and she was evil.

Evil is so hot.

Oh my.

63 episodes of JAG.

May god have mercy on her soul.

12. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

Yet another example of wasted potential on this show.

The writers could have easily created recurring background characters who had small stories all on their own. I mean, it's not like the ship's crew was rotating out every six months or something.

The whole idea that you can get the same background characters for each season is ridiculous, too. NCIS has had the same woman sitting at the same computerless desk pretending to type (probably the same document) for the past five years. If NCIS can do that, Voyager could have had the same extras, too.

13. Guy Gardener

Ayala was in a hundred and 13 episodes.

Is there a dollar difference between an extra they find out he front of the lot who Berman tells to get onto the back of his pickup truck before work, and some one like Stephen Pisan who was unnamed crewman for 19 episodes, which probably meant that he was tecnically as part of the guestcast, like Hogan or Sam Wildman, just without lines.

14. ILOVETREK1701

ILOVETREK1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Good Shepard is one of the best episodes in my opinion.