Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still think Walter foiling himself would be better poetic justice than having Jesse off him. If they had wanted to play that card, they should have addressed it earlier somehow. And at this point, bringing the old Broc thing into the mix would be a little too farfetched given how efficiently Walter disposed of that evidence.

I will grant you that whatever ending they choose should be exciting as hell and awesome, but Breaking Bad has made a habit of doing what makes sense rather than doing what people want. I would like to see the writers and producers continue this trend to the end.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Wha-at? :eek: No way. That's impossible. BB came on the air in 2008. He was 15 at the time, possibly a few months younger due to filming? Men don't mature physically that fast. He looked at least 20 then. He can't possibly be only 19 now. He looks 30. Does he smoke two packs a day? He looks like a grown man living in his parents' home.

Will Jesse kill Walt? At this point I wouldn't rule anything out. How Jesse and Walt's story ends should be the emotional core of the second half, so to speak. Will Jesse "break good"? He'd have to get out of drug dealing for that. There's got to be a point where Jesse's hit in the face with what a cold, ruthless mofo Walt has become and he's unable to hide in denial. I cannot see Jesse becoming a drug kingpin under any circumstance. He doesn't have it in him. He can't be a Gus or a Walter. He's not ruthless enough.

I can't decide if I want Walter to make one last, schmaltzy gesture towards Jesse (no, not giving him the finger :lol:) as a last ditch attempt to not leave this life as a complete slimeball of a human being.

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Here is a picture of him from back in 2008:

[​IMG]

He looks 15 to me.

Here is a picture of him in 2012:

[​IMG]

It looks like he aged at least 5 years and increased his fitness, but he could be anywhere in his 20s in that picture. 19 isn't unreasonable. Keep in mind that lighting and make-up can have a big effect on how somebody appears.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I can blame that fucking green light bulb above me for what I'm seeing in the mirror?

5. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Methylamine. ;)

Throughout the last couple episode I couldn't help but think Todd was a plant/rat, guess I was wrong, he's all-in... Holy shit.

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Btw. the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Todd did the "right" thing. The kid had to die. Don't forget they buried the tank in the ground, how quickly can they get it out? If the boy tells the police and they send a car out there, everything was for nothing, and with all the traces they surely left, they are all done.

Mike and Walt will agree with Todd's action.

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Was the tank full of water or methylamine? I forget. :lol:

If it's water, who cares if anyone finds it? It might strike someone as weird, but would anybody put 2 and 2 together?

8. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Fun Fact: The vapors given off from pure methyl amine would have flattened Todd and Walt.

Great show. Mrs.Q2 and I have just gotten caught up. The train scenes were well done, direction and photography were outstanding. I think there will be blow back on Todd. Mike might take exception with it. Jesse is definitely going to push back, perhaps to the point of Mike taking out Todd for stupidity.

Can't wait for the next episode. Easily best thing on TV currently.

Q2

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I thought there were two tanks -- one with water and one with methylamine. The water ended up in the tanker, so now there's two tanks -- one empty and one full of methylamine.

10. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

D'oh, I think you're right. Well, presumably they can hide 'em. All they need to do is make sure no one finds the kid's body anywhere near the tanks. From there, it doesn't really matter what they do with him. There were no other witnesses, and presumably they took adequate precautions with the gun (no fingerprints on the bullet, untraceable, etc.)

I don't think the kid is what will get them caught, although it will no doubt cause a lot of friction between them.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree. A lot of friction for Jesse who was the only one of the three that felt compassion for the boy.

13. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Albino Damon sure is a good shot, that's for sure. Wonder how he'll figure in the endgame?

Empire building... wow.

14. The pieces are all there, Hank just needs a nudge. Walt's a chemistry teacher, really smart, is suddenly "leasing" new cars and expensive watches, and conveniently had a gambling problem that paid for his whole medical treatment.

He brought up Walt's second cell phone last week. All he needs to ask is "hey, wait, Walt wasn't the one who cheated, why DID he have the 2nd cell phone?" and/or someone commenting that the master chef needs to be really good at chemistry.

The fact that they brought the 2nd phone back via Hank's dialogue and made a big deal of Hank/Walt talking about his new bling tonight, I think indicates that we're coming awwfully close to Hank finally putting it together.

That's my bet for the half-season break cliffhanger. Hank's drop-the-coffee-cup moment

15. Dorian Thompson

Mike looked pretty upset in the preview.

Yeah, Hank's got to have that "drop the coffee cup" moment soon. He's got to....and boy is he going to be pissed off from hell that Walter has duped him this long and made him look bad.

16. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Somebody on another message board pointed this out:

[​IMG]

Foreshadowing much?

17. Dorian Thompson

On all levels. After Walt inevitably dies as a result of this and many events that he's set in motion, and Skyler ends up in prison for aiding and abetting, Hank and Marie will have to raise Holly. Holly's the only lucky one in the deal.

18. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OK, OK ... here's where I step in to complain, Dorian. For all the complaining about how people don't seem to like Skyler, you really seem to have it in for Walter. What gives?

19. MadOnion

MadOnion Lieutenant

How about Skyler goes nuts and drowns the baby to "protect" it from Walt? Too dark?

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm imagining the hypothetical season after Walt dies.

The rise of Skylar.

All the things she has to do to keep Walt did buried, otherwise she loses her family and the drug money.

Hank is completely compromised after taking that money for his rehab.

She can make him dance.