THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Skywalker, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I know it's a bit too early but I think Peter Jackson will sweep the Oscars again.

The return of the king!

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Just watched the video and it felt just like watching the appendices on the LoTR box set! I am so pumped to see this movie! Can't wait!

3. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for that youtube link. It's amazing how well they have managed to recreate everything and it's all *real* set. I would've thought most would be CGI -esp. Rivendell but all that was really done! (Probably redone - since it's probably not very easy to reassemble from the earlier film).

Amazing.

I think they should have let Edoras and Meduseld stand on that hill (that we see in that amazing shot in LOTR: TTT). These sets look sturdy.

4. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    ^ I have been to Mt Sunday and trust me, besides being VERY windy up there, it is private property. Not sure the owner would've wanted a fortress sitting atop his own private mountain for thousands of people to trample up daily. As it was, as per his request, they had to build a special construct over a pile of stones that signified the burial place of the owner's beloved dog. The site obviously means a lot to him and I think he wanted it relatively private.

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Yeah, as much as it would be cool to have monuments to the LOTR films ... I think leaving behind a number of permanent sets would not only interfere with the natural beauty of New Zealand, but would also be somewhat contrary to Tolkien's overall message in the books.

6. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I finally got to watch it and.... I am utterly speechless with encouragement

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That was sweeeeet. :drool:

The LOTR movies were kind of a defining moment in my youth, and it just made me so incredibly happy to watch PJ walking around, visiting the various sets, checking out the costumes, and interacting with so many familiar (and new) faces. I really feel like they're going to knock these movies out of the park.

I can't wait for the next video.

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I enjoyed the ceremony, as well. It shows once again the close relationship PJ's crew seems to have with the locals, the respect for the people and land, all of which worked so well in creating LOTR to begin with. Especially nice to see Martin Freeman highlighted in his comments.

9. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

looking forward to hobbit, and love how pj lost so much weight, he looks really healthy now!

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It's like the crew never left. Like I said up top, The Hobbit will probably sweep the Oscars.

11. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I just saw the video on another site, it makes me so happy. I feel like a kid. :lol:

Can't wait to see this!

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Man, Sean O'Neal of the AV Club is hilarious:

:rommie:

13. Savage Dragon

^I clicked on that link and had to read the article to figure out that it's a dude in the picture. This is what women want?

14. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

^In this case, the women were right. That dude is awesome!

15. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

From Peter Jackson:

16. Savage Dragon

Peter Jackson commented on filming in 48 fps on his facebook page.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this looks, whether it's in 48 fps, 24 fps, 3D, or 2D.

17. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We're definitely going back to Rivendell in this movie, but there's still no word on whether Hugo Weaving will be back as Elrond. What's up with that?

18. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ya know, I think my shorts just got a little tighter... :p

19. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

is there any other movie that is shot in this 48fps. Because I have no clue as to what kind of movie I would be looking at it. and as for rivendale that is a given. have you not read the book.

20. Savage Dragon

I think he was questioning whether the actor would be back, not the character.